Multiple Machines & Sound
Scenario

I have an XBMC machine that currently connects to my lounge TV via HDMI and Optical. I'm planning on putting a HDMI splitter so I can have the signal going to the lounge TV and Bedroom TV.

Question

Currently when in the lounge, the sound gets sent to my Surround Sound via optical (AC3 and DTS capable) however when I watch from the TV in the bedroom I just want to use the sound via HDMI....

Is this possible?
Not really through XBMC, that would be dual audio if I am not mistaken, and that is not baked in. Depending on what OS you are running you may be able to essentially hack something together. For windows look here where someone mentioned something called Virtual Audio Cable that might work.
two ways i can think of doing this

cheap
go to settings in xbmc and switch audio output to hdmi when using tv

costly
use amp with hdmi inputs on and use hdmi on both items
jschoen Wrote:Not really through XBMC, that would be dual audio if I am not mistaken, and that is not baked in. Depending on what OS you are running you may be able to essentially hack something together. For windows look here where someone mentioned something called Virtual Audio Cable that might work.

thanks i'll take a look.... Big Grin
well after reading reviews of Virtual Audio Cable, if ound that the quality wasnt very good and also as my main system does dts, using this method renders the audio useless with hdmi to a tv that doesnt like dts...

so, i played and came up with a simple but fab way of doing it.... profiles....

one profile called lounge, that has optical | dts etc and the other profile that has HDMI and no dts... works a treat Big Grin

thanks for your input though Smile
reddevilmeuk Wrote:well after reading reviews of Virtual Audio Cable, if ound that the quality wasnt very good and also as my main system does dts, using this method renders the audio useless with hdmi to a tv that doesnt like dts...

so, i played and came up with a simple but fab way of doing it.... profiles....

one profile called lounge, that has optical | dts etc and the other profile that has HDMI and no dts... works a treat Big Grin

thanks for your input though Smile
I would like to do this. I need help setting up these profiles please (Eden b3 / Windows)
Thank you!
Nevermind... got it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Machines & Sound0