MBP 15'' mid2010 - 1080i deinterlace method
While watching 1080i interlaced content with a MacBook Pro "Core i5" 2.4 15" Mid-2010, if I select "De-interlace" as Deinterlace Method, I've a lot a frame drops and video stutters (125% of CPU from video Information 'O' key), no problems with 576i contents and "De-interlace" as Deinterlace Method.
When I try to understand with empiric deductions, blaming single core ffmpeg, I was brutalize http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=998...stcount=54, so my help request is to try to understand why I have a lot of frame drops. This time I did not dare to venture in any hypothesis and waiting your feedback. Thank you for your support.
"De-interlace" uses a software flavor of YADIF and so far nothing can handle HD under YADIF. The other methods will work fine and I'm looking into just disabling YADIF under osx as it's useless and does nothing but cause user issues.
I respect you, thank you. Do you want to disable for all resolutions, or just for 1080i? I'm asking this because with 576i contents "De-interlace" method seems far better than other methods.
There is no fallback method in the code to override the 'deinterlace' method with something that works for HD, my only choice right now it to disable it.
Gotcha.
Just tested with XBMC beta 2 an 1080i video with "Deinterlace" algorithm in a Intel Core i7 quad-core at 2,0GHz Mac mini and Intel HD Graphics 3000 and I can confirm that there is no more frame drops with this more powerful CPU: 35% of CPU against 125% of CPU of a Macbook Pro mid 2010 15'' core I5-520M.

So it isn't a CPU power question instead of nothing can handle HD under YADIF? Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MBP 15'' mid2010 - 1080i deinterlace method0