Importing scraped data from a PC
I tried copying a large (250mb) userdata directory from my PC to my ATV2 running Eden B1. it showed no content. I restarted having set the directories (as per a new setup) and it rescraped everything making the datyabase enormous. My questions are given that I followed the Wiki, what did I do wrong (was it a Beta issue possibly?). Do I need to set up the directory. What If the content is identical but in a different NAS, should I just rescrape again? Whats the limit of the ATV2 i.e should you avoid large databases (400 movies plus)?
Thanks
If you are going to copy data from one install to another you must be running the same or very similar builds on both machines otherwise the databases will be incompatible. Also you need to make sure that the ownership of the copied files is set to mobile. Search the FAQ for permissions.

You also need to copy the thumbnails and artwork.

If the content were identical but on a different nas you would be better to rescrape as the path to the media including name is stored in each database entry.
Hi G-off,
Thanks for advice I've pretty much got that but what's the affect of locating the files in a different location?
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Importing scraped data from a PC0