• 26(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
Hi fellas,Long time lurker and 1st time poster so be gentle on me okay Big Grin Firstly I'd like to express my thanks and gratitude to all the authors of these amazing plug ins they work so hard to provide us..I've modded heaps of apple tv 2's and everyone using them is over the moon..Okay with that out of the way I have a real curly one here and it's got totally stumped :confused2: A couple of months ago I'd freshly installed Hulu on my atv2 and as I'm from the land down under (ie Australia) all I could get what the geo locked message when I accessed any vids. I decided to try the 1 week trial from Unblockus so I could access the vids so I got the dns settings from them,loaded them into my modem and I was hooked..I proceeded to purchase a years access to Unblockus services after the free weeks trial was up..All was good for a few days until I began getting script errors..I imagined everyone else was having the same issues so I kept jumping on this board but there was no mention of it from anyone else..Funny thing is when Hulu was out a few videos from other plugins (ie FreeCable) didn't work either.In the following days Hulu might work maybe 1 day out of 7 but basically it's just not working for me anymore. I eventually discovered the problem stems from the DNS settings because if I reinstate the old settings in modem Hulu fires up just fine but of course everything is geo locked.I'm running the latest Eden build and the only setting I've altered in Hulu is my username and password..Can any kind soul help me out here before I rip out what little hair I have left or have I just blown $50 with Unblockus ??
cheers,
follow up...

sorry for the possible false alarm... seems like all is okay now.
after Taubin talked about his stream... i decided to restart my modem. that seemed to clear things up. possibly the internet stream was being disrupted that caused the ads not to queue up completely.

something to consider when trouble shooting!
thanks for the heads up Taubin!
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
bluecop - awesome plugin! Thanks for making XBMC great, even for those of us who don't have the skill to write plugins.

I do have one issue. For some reason, only half of my shows are showing in the subscriptions. Has anyone else seen this issue before?
@Porret

there was a time when this was happening. seemed there was a problem with some movies being in subscriptions.
but BlueCop fixed that. make sure you have the latest version -- 3.4.3

also, check on your Hulu account of when stuff expires...?

just some thoughts. kinda hard to troubleshoot when you're not getting an error.
if your brave enough, tell us which shows / episodes, maybe someone out there is with you.

i know there was one show i was watching from NBC, then one day Hulu took it off. Copywrites / Litigation, blah, blah... lawyer talk for "get down on your knees, and suck on my N-U-T's"
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
i have implemented real-debrid support on several plugins on XBMCHub . if you dint know real-debrid supports hulu and if people already have real-debrid premium account , they will be able to use This hulu addon without a proxy .

Hi Bluecop,

Let me know if its okay with you , i can go ahead and add real-debrid support for this Hulu addon.

Thanks

Anil
anilkuj: I am not really interested. I don't want to discourage hulu plus subscriptions.

I am not sure it would work the way the plugin does hulu plus. It doesn't use the website cookies for authorization but rather account tokens like applications do.

I am also curious how many proxy accounts they have because each account is limited to a single plus tier video at a time.
locomot1f Wrote:@ Taubin

seems to be spreading...

try disabling both Pre-Ads and Network Pre-Roll (if you have that selected).

check out my post on page 37.
check to see if your stuff is getting caught up in the 'Now Playing' queue.

Thie plugin has been fantastic on my atv2. Finally completely replaced many of my other addons as they were constantly buffering as of late. Hulus servers seem much better equipped.

My atv1 was only playing the network pre roll... Unchecked it and bing, bang, boom... I've got my Hulu Plus again. Thanks all! Great work here blu.
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
Hi BlueCop,

I'm not using Hulu Plus. I have ad-blocker enabled on my DD-WRT, which blocks the hulu ads(doubleclick.com).

I'm not able to play any movies or shows , does it have any effect on playing movies in Hulu?

Log http://pastebin.com/aaZKrmyd

Thanks for the wonderful add on.
Synology 210j NAS + TvHeadend + HDHomeRun + Raspbmc
Hey Guys, been a long time since I've used the hulu plugin and I'm very impressed with the progress that has been made! I've just scanned the last 39 pages assuming the problem I'm having has come up before but unfortunatly it looks like it's just me (oh and I'm certainly glad to see BlueCop is keeping this public!).

The issue I'm having is that if I use my login I get a script failed error however if I turn off the login hulu works great... I've turned off the pre-roll and all the ads but I still get the same result. Here is my log file, I'm running Eden beta 3 on win 7 and I do also have hulu desktop installed and working. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the help. Big Grin

Thanks!
BlueCop Wrote:anilkuj: I am not really interested. I don't want to discourage hulu plus subscriptions.

I am not sure it would work the way the plugin does hulu plus. It doesn't use the website cookies for authorization but rather account tokens like applications do.

I am also curious how many proxy accounts they have because each account is limited to a single plus tier video at a time.

real-debrid on hulu just works like any proxy server, it does not give you a free hulu plus account so i for one would like to see support if possible.so anilkuj and BlueCop please make it happen if you can thanksSmile
Hi bluecop,

I was wondering if you might consider adding a very small code addition the next time you bump the version number of the free cable plugin. The code change has to do with the proxy setting. They work great as is for CBS, but I've noticed by copying and pasting pieces of the CBS proxy code with a tiny bit of modification that I can get USA network working for myself. Here are the changes (not all lines were changed, i've included some of the lines so you can see where to add the code) :

usa.py:
#Get SMIL url and play video
def play():
smilurl=common.args.url
swfUrl = 'http://www.usanetwork.com/videos/pdk/swf/flvPlayer.swf'
if (common.settings['enableproxy'] == 'true'):
proxy = True
else:
proxy = False
data = common.getURL(smilurl,proxy=proxy)

If you'd rather not add any additional proxy code, I totally understand.

As always, thanks for the great work.
teefer22: I believe you are referring to Free Cable.

I can give you commit rights to add proxy for stations if you want. I am not sure which ones will work with proxy.
BlueCop Wrote:teefer22: I believe you are referring to Free Cable.

I can give you commit rights to add proxy for stations if you want. I am not sure which ones will work with proxy.

oops, sorry about that. You are correct, I was talking about Free Cable.

Thanks.

I've never done any commits before, if you give me commit rights, I can't accidentally screw up anything that you have done, can I?
Quick Question....
I'm new to a lot of this but been able to learn quickly. Hulu was working but about a week ago it loads, lets me search but once i click on an episode it plays for about 5 secs and take me back to the screen displaying all the espisodes. Can someone tell me how to correct this. I appreciate any help. Thanks
JGP7229 Wrote:Quick Question....
I'm new to a lot of this but been able to learn quickly. Hulu was working but about a week ago it loads, lets me search but once i click on an episode it plays for about 5 secs and take me back to the screen displaying all the espisodes. Can someone tell me how to correct this. I appreciate any help. Thanks

Did you change any of the configurations? If so reload the default setting and restart XBMC. Hopefully this helps you.

Zeee1
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17