• 29(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
They changed some parameters for grabbing the smil. I committed an update. They don't seem to be serving HD plus links to anyone right now. I am not sure why.

I found this information on the site. It might be better to wait it out and see what happens.
Quote:Videos Won't Play (3/19/2012)

We're currently having some trouble with videos playing. We're already working on it, and should be back up shortly. Sorry about the trouble in the meantime.
BlueCop, thank you for this great addon, it is the main reason I am using XBMC. I have one question. I am exporting my subscriptions to the libray and that seems to be OK, but all the shows are getting placed in the library in SD quality. If I go to the same shows in the hulu...subscription menu that show will be in HD. I am missing a menu setting someplace.

I am exporting so I can use xbmc commander to control show picking.

Anthony
Hey Guys!

I have this problem with Hulu repo that it shows me this Plugin Error - Check the log for details and I cannot work it out! I have checked on the net everywhere and nothing to find..Does anyone have any idea what is this about and how could work it out?

I am a rookie when we are talking about XBMC, please be kind...Smile

I am running XBMC on Mac OSX Lion if this will help.
Quote:(2012-01-25 20:50)BlueCop Wrote:
I am trying to move the discussion to the new thread here.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121023

I don't think xbmc tracks completing strm files. the strm files only launch the plugin to play the video. I don't know how xbmc keeps track of things in this situation really.

BlueCop,

For what its worth, when I play amazon strm files, xbmc remembers where I was when I close the stream and reopen it. I don't know the how or why, but I noticed that and I thought I would pass on.
jmuck78: thanks for the information. I wasn't aware of this. I would like for the stop/resume to work correctly everywhere.
Is there a way to use the closed captions subtitles (not sure if i can call them like this)? If yes, how? I turned on this feature from the add-on settings but when i played the video no subtitles were showing.
bboo: from the first post.

(2012-01-25, 22:34)BlueCop Wrote: Enable Captions - Enabling this will cause the plugin to download, decrypt, and convert the subtitles to srt. It is slowed on atv2 because of the encryption. You have to disabled pre-roll ads(see below) for subtitles to work due to the way they are assigned.

there are also context items on videos

"Play with subtitles"
and
"Assign Subtitles"

The first will play the video with subtitles enabled regardless of your settings.

The second will assign the subtitles for the selected video to the currently playing video. This is so if you are already watching the episode then you can select this on its file item to enable subtitles for it.
So i have to enable captions, disable pre-roll ads, and then select play with subtitles?
bboo: No that isn't what i said
Ok, got it now. There are three options, whichever i choose the subs will work.

(2012-03-24, 00:18)BlueCop Wrote: jmuck78: thanks for the information. I wasn't aware of this. I would like for the stop/resume to work correctly everywhere.

I should say that I have noticed amazon strm videos resume from stop. I can't vouch that this happens every time I stop and resume an amazon stream.
For some reason I can't use Hulu anymore. It now says that it detects I'm using a proxy. I'm not. Something special I need to do to get it working again?

AppleTV 2
Eden rc2
Does this work in the new final Eden?
(2012-03-25, 17:26)crimsonfury Wrote: Does this work in the new final Eden?

Yes.
Hi - I recently refreshed my ATV2 (since it would no longer boot/display past the apple logo) with iOS 4.2.2 and Eden RC2.

I installed Hulu and FreeTV and both worked fine at first. Now I get the script failed (video.plugin) error for both. The only change I made was updating the DNS via the ATV2 menu.

Here is the log when I try to run Hulu: http://pastebin.com/e81S4pMV

Any help greatly appreciated.

-thks
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17