• 48(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
Thank you artrafael! Decided it was time to quit lurking. Smile

Great idea with posting there. I just signed up and created a thread (http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=2759), so maybe I'll get some feedback as to why it isn't working.

If I learn anything, I'll be sure to report back here in case any one else has the same issue.
@ziti: Thanks, new version seems to be running nicely - using the new Service architecture is much cleaner than relying on autoexec.py! I think maybe put robweber in the Authors list (we both based it on his work Wink ); let's test it a bit more and maybe once we've confirmed it's working nicely (seems it is!) we can arrange to have it added to the main repo.

Once in a while I do exactly as you've mentioned to remove expired items. I'd think twice about any automated XBMC Libary Cleaning as part of a script, though: remember, if a path containing content is temporarily unavailable (eg drive unplugged or network connectivity is down), a Clean will actually wipe the whole library Smile

@thetakerfan: Looks like this is not supported in the plugin; I beleive it was removed to circumvent another issue though can't remember exactly!
(2012-09-16, 02:02)kreeturez Wrote: @ziti: Thanks, new version seems to be running nicely - using the new Service architecture is much cleaner than relying on autoexec.py! I think maybe put robweber in the Authors list (we both based it on his work Wink ); let's test it a bit more and maybe once we've confirmed it's working nicely (seems it is!) we can arrange to have it added to the main repo.

Thanks! XBMC services are really nice, I think the best part of this update is that the timer doesn't reset if you reset XBMC. I've been running it for over a week now and no issues with my setup, but let me know if you find something. The only thing I realized is that there would never be a reason to have the queue update just after a subscription update, since the subscription should update everything, even what is in the queue. Just have to have the queue timer reset after a subscription update.

(2012-09-16, 02:02)kreeturez Wrote: Once in a while I do exactly as you've mentioned to remove expired items. I'd think twice about any automated XBMC Libary Cleaning as part of a script, though: remember, if a path containing content is temporarily unavailable (eg drive unplugged or network connectivity is down), a Clean will actually wipe the whole library Smile

I thought about that. The Library Update Service will clean your library but has an option to verify sources before cleaning, so I'll look into that. If I do add it, it will be off by default and have a warning to users about that.
Hi,
if I pick a show on NBC I see adverts but there is an error in the bottom right 'urlopen error timed out'. Is there something I need ot configure?
Thanks
Paul
(2012-09-17, 22:39)csjjpm Wrote: Hi,
if I pick a show on NBC I see adverts but there is an error in the bottom right 'urlopen error timed out'. Is there something I need ot configure?
Thanks
Paul

Welcome to the XBMC forums.

See this post... the last paragraph regarding how to enable debug logging and uploading a debug log (wiki). Thanks.

Hey everybody.

Just installed the repo and the Hulu plugin. I am running the latest nightly.

I can browse shows but not play anything. I'm running through a US-based proxy.

Here's my error log:

http://pastebin.com/smwuBgYa

As far as I can see, the error is:

Error Type: <class 'httplib.InvalidURL'>
Error Contents: nonnumeric port: ''

Any ideas?
Never mind, I'm an idiot. The answer was right there. The port on my proxy. Blush
Hi i've been trying to get Hulu plugin to work on my Revo but all i get is the ad's and Geo-Blocking is it because i'm trying to watch from the Uk & is there a way around the geo blocking thats free?
Everything works great on this plugin except that I cannot get the library export to work when choosing a custom location. I am running XBMC Eden on an Apple TV 2. I am running a Windows 7 box with MySQL and my media drive connected via USB. I am using smb for all of my sources. I would like to be able to export my Hulu queue to a "Hulu" folder on my server rather than store it locally on the ATV2. I get the following script error when I try to export. It appears to have to do with writing directories. Any help from someone who got this to work would be appreciated.

http://pastebin.com/vU7UcL2z
(2012-09-19, 18:18)Bettz1 Wrote: Hi i've been trying to get Hulu plugin to work on my Revo but all i get is the ad's and Geo-Blocking is it because i'm trying to watch from the Uk & is there a way around the geo blocking thats free?

I don't know any free reliable way that can help you bypass Hulu's geo-restriction but you can use services like Unotelly to watch Hulu from UK.
I had the problem that I only saw the commercials, but never the desired video. When I changed the CDN to akamai, the problems where gone.
I'm using the Addon with a proxy.
Hi,
where do I find the Hulu Video Plugin to download?

Thanks.
(2012-09-23, 03:42)skinamo Wrote: Hi,
where do I find the Hulu Video Plugin to download?

Thanks.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Did you read the first post of this thread?
Yeah, thanks. I found it.
Only seeing commercials here, if i disable commercials then i dont see nothing Smile
Changing CDN does not fix it.

Here are the errors i found in my log file
http://pastebin.com/i95E4dSS
(2012-09-24, 20:40)fr0sty Wrote: Only seeing commercials here, if i disable commercials then i dont see nothing Smile
Changing CDN does not fix it.

Here are the errors i found in my log file
http://pastebin.com/i95E4dSS
Are ads set to ZERO? That what I had to do and then it worked
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17