• 52(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
(2012-11-17, 01:39)BlueCop Wrote: I just tested frodo beta 1 on Mountain Lion and hulu is working for me. If I could see the log of the failure then I could diagnose where the problem is coming from.

I will try look into it. I don't keep up with xbmc development but probably should. It might be something has changed.

I really want to do more programming to get better but just can't get motivated lately. I should learn C++ so i could make changes to XBMC itself. I probably drink and smoke too much. I habitually waste my time. I like positive attention I got from these projects. I don't deal well with people.

The error log is in my next post. Please have a look once you've finish therapy :-).

Your addons are great and I hope they keep working.

Lets me see more of the log on pastebin
(2012-11-17, 01:48)BlueCop Wrote: Lets me see more of the log on pastebin

OK, I uninstalled it, reinstalled it and ran it. Here's the log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=14688

strange. Did you verify your log-in information has not changed? Could you try it on another internet connection? Does downgrading to eden solve this problem?

it is unable to retrieve your token because the server is throwing a 403 forbidden. It seems the server doesn't like something.
I tried disabling the login and it still thru errors.
OK, I went in and cleared my login & password, ran the addon and got the same error. Then went back to the settings and reentered my id & password and everything seems to be working.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

I am having an issue with the Hulu plugin. I have a Hulu+ account, but when Hulu+ and login are enabled, I am immediately presented with a script error when opening the plugin. When these are both disabled, I am able to use the plugin with no issue. I have cleared out my username and password and re-entered them, only to meet the same result. Any ideas on what the possible fix would be?

Here is the relevant portion of the XBMC.log file:

22:54:41 T:5592 ERROR: Error Type: <class 'urllib2.HTTPError'>
22:54:41 T:5592 ERROR: Error Contents: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
22:54:41 T:5592 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\McKinney\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\default.py", line 12, in <module>
import resources.lib.common as common
File "C:\Users\McKinney\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\common.py", line 417, in <module>
checkToken()
File "C:\Users\McKinney\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\common.py", line 142, in checkToken
login_queue()
File "C:\Users\McKinney\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\common.py", line 286, in login_queue
data = postAPI(action,parameters,True)
File "C:\Users\McKinney\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\common.py", line 323, in postAPI
response = urllib2.urlopen(req)
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 126, in urlopen
return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 397, in open
response = meth(req, response)
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 510, in http_response
'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 435, in error
return self._call_chain(*args)
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 369, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib2.py", line 518, in http_error_default
raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
22:54:41 T:3064 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.hulu
22:54:41 T:3064 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.hulu) failed
I just installed the plugin on XBMC on my mac. It loads successfully and I can see all my subscriptions and queues, but when I go to try to play a show episode, it just plays commercials -- about 6 or 7 of them in a row. It seems like it just plays all the commercials within a show without showing the actual episode. Any ideas? I tried screwing around with the Ad options in the configuration menu, but nothing works (including setting it back to defaults).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

(2012-11-25, 05:07)atomicrabbit Wrote: I just installed the plugin on XBMC on my mac. It loads successfully and I can see all my subscriptions and queues, but when I go to try to play a show episode, it just plays commercials -- about 6 or 7 of them in a row. It seems like it just plays all the commercials within a show without showing the actual episode. Any ideas? I tried screwing around with the Ad options in the configuration menu, but nothing works (including setting it back to defaults).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Set both Ads to zero and disable both ads
(2012-11-25, 05:45)WildBill Wrote: Set both Ads to zero and disable both ads

Thats the first thing I tried. I still get ads and only ads.
Try setting your default cdn to akami. That fixed it for me with no ads.
I just wanted to say this is a great, and much appreciated, project. Thanks a lot for all your time Bluecop!
I use this plugin mainly to download subtitles of Korean dramas and it's been great. Thanks for that. I do have one problem, though. There's this one drama in which some episode subtitles can't seem to be converted to srt. The show is Horse Doctor. Some episodes can be converted and others can't. I looked at the log and this is always the relevant error. Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

start of HULU plugin
15:15:32 T:4080 NOTICE: HULU--> common.args.mode -- > TV_play
15:15:33 T:4080 NOTICE: HULU --> Posted view
15:15:33 T:4080 NOTICE: HULU --> common :: getFEED :: url =http://www.hulu.com/captions?content_id=60150824
15:15:33 T:4080 NOTICE: HULU --> Grabbing subtitles...
15:15:33 T:4080 NOTICE: HULU --> common :: getFEED :: url =http://assets.huluim.com/captions/824/60150824_US_ko_en.smi
15:15:39 T:4080 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
15:15:39 T:4080 ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
15:15:39 T:4080 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Mawen\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\default.py", line 57, in <module>
modes ( )
File "C:\Users\Mawen\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\default.py", line 38, in modes
stream_media.Main()
File "C:\Users\Mawen\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\stream_hulu.py", line 88, in __init__
self.play(video_id)
File "C:\Users\Mawen\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\stream_hulu.py", line 274, in play
subtitles.Main().checkCaptions(video_id)
File "C:\Users\Mawen\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\subtitles.py", line 54, in checkCaptions
subtitles = self.convert_subtitles(hasSubs)
File "C:\Users\Mawen\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\subtitles.py", line 72, in convert_subtitles
sub = self.clean_subs(sub)
File "C:\Users\Mawen\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\subtitles.py", line 106, in clean_subs
sub = BeautifulSoup(sub,convertEntities=BeautifulSoup.XML_ENTITIES).contents[0].string.encode( "utf-8" )
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
Been using this plugin with no problem but when I went to put a hulu plus account in instead of my old free account nothing happens. My old que and subscriptions are there but not the new one. Tried putting the account info in again but doesn't work, seems like it won't log out of the old one. Any ideas?

Hulu plus account works fine with the hulu on the main screen but I want to skip the commercials. Thanks.

ATV2 with the latest built as of last week, works fine, just doesn't load plus account.

*** it's working now. not sure why but I deleted the plugin, reinstalled the plugin and did everything else the same, the account info was still there but this time it worked for some reason.
@ BaronBaron you could have restarted Xbmc to get it working with your hulu plus account.
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17