• 55(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
Adding subscriptions is still working, but only showing up on their website.
(2013-01-07, 18:23)moneymaker Wrote:
(2012-12-29, 01:27)dsimages Wrote:
(2012-12-28, 13:20)stoked Wrote: I'm getting the same errors. The pre-commercial plays but then the actual content doesn't. I was able to get it to work once but I guess that was just luck.

Same issue here.

Same here

I've seen that happen, and it looks like it might be happening when the plugin doesn't go fast enough to drop the first show segment into the playlist it builds. Perhaps the pre-commercial is too quick, or Hulu is too slow. Does playback work when you disable the pre-commercial?
Does the auto update script work on frodo? It isn't doing anything for me.

(2013-01-08, 18:01)Eye in the sky Wrote: Is anyone else having problems with exporting TV Shows, Hulu Subscription and Queue Items into the library?

I solved my issue but setting the export location to a local frive instead of a network share. I guess it couldn't write to my share for some reason.
Data is stored locally and not on a network share.

It´s not working on Frodo either, as a matter of fact its even worse, because I keep having problems with missing episode thumbnails.

Is the Hulu Library Updater picking up any new subscriptions?

SOLUTION: I found that Hulu is working for me with the following settings. I am in Korea. I use OpenVPN to connect. I used the following settings, but have not tried the others. I believe it working poperly is due to my switch to OpenVPN UDP (vice TCP) connection.

> Use the 720 option for quality.
> Use the Akamai (not looking, can't remember exactly)
> No adds

After I switched to UDP instead of TCP, it has been working fantastically.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello. I hope someone is able to help me out.

I have been trying to trouble shoot this problem with the Hulu plugin.

I am running XBMC 11 (eden) on Ubuntu 12.04. I am using the build from the repository. I have added the XBMC-Team PPA; however, no files are present.

I am overseas; however, I utilize a VPN and have a connection to the states. I am able to run Hulu Desktop application just fine from Ubuntu 12.04, so the VPN is working and I am not region blocked.

Key notes about the Hulu Plugin:
* I am able to access my account, browse shows, que, etc.
* Initially the plugin showed a couple of seconds of the "ABC" pre commercial. No videos or commercials played.
* Now, the plugin reports failed.

I suspect that some other .py / .pyc file may be present that conflicts with the plugin. The key portions of the log file are:

Code:
12:25:35 T:2640145216   ERROR: /home/arick/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/resources/lib/_menu.py:172: FutureWarning: The behavior of this method will change in future versions.  Use specific 'len(elem)' or 'elem is not None' test instead.
                                              if data:
12:25:56 T:2640145216  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:25:56 T:2640145216  NOTICE: addoncompat.py: XBMC Revision not available - Version String: 11.0 Git:Unknown
12:25:56 T:2640145216  NOTICE: ['plugin://plugin.video.hulu/', '0', '?url="60103458"&mode="TV_play"&videoid="385113"&eid="-5-raB_XmTgf9Bpoe78PHQ"']
12:25:56 T:2640145216  NOTICE:  start of HULU plugin
12:25:56 T:2640145216  NOTICE: HULU--> common.args.mode -- > TV_play
12:25:58 T:2640145216  NOTICE: HULU --> Posted view
12:25:58 T:2640145216  NOTICE: HULU --> common :: getFEED :: url = http://r.hulu.com/videos?eid=-5-raB_XmTgf9Bpoe78PHQ&include=video_assets&include_eos=1&_language=en&_package_group_id=1&_region=US
12:25:59 T:2640145216  NOTICE:
                                            <AdRequest Pod="0" SessionState="" ResponseType="VAST" Timestamp="1358101559">
                                            <Distributor Name="Hulu" Platform="Desktop"/>
                                            <Visitor IPV4Address="" BT_RSSegments="null" UserId="2408642" MiniCount="" MiniDuration="" ComputerGuid="BB0C11233671BE7728EF37B4F2876280" AdFeedback="null" PlanId="0" FlashVersion="WIN 11,1,102,55" State=""/>
                                            <KeyValues>
                                            <KeyValue Key="env" Value="prod"/>
                                            <KeyValue Key="version" Value="Voltron"/>
                                            </KeyValues>
                                            <SiteLocation>
                                            <VideoPlayer Url="http://download.hulu.com/huludesktop.swf" Mode="normal">
                                            <VideoAsset PId="NO_MORE_RELEASES_PLEASE_60103458" Id="60103458" ContentLanguage="en" BitRate="650" Width="320" Height="240"/>
                                            </VideoPlayer>
                                            </SiteLocation>
                                            <Diagnostics/>
                                            </AdRequest>
12:25:59 T:2640145216  NOTICE: HULU --> common :: getFEED :: url = http://p.hulu.com/getPlaylist?kv=1&iv=iDp8eR5TMuiq52qrOYr1Rw%3D%3D
12:26:01 T:2640145216  NOTICE: <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
                                            <vast version="2.0" timestamp="1358101559">
                                             <ad id="1">
                                              <inline>
                                               <adsystem version="1.0">
                                                ArthurDent
                                               </adsystem>
                                               <adtitle>
                                                <![CDATA[International Trailer Slate - Blank]]>
                                               </adtitle>
                                              </inline>
                                             </ad>
                                            </vast>
12:26:01 T:2640145216   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
12:26:01 T:2640145216   ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
12:26:02 T:2640145216   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/arick/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/default.py", line 57, in <module>
                                                modes ( )
                                              File "/home/arick/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/default.py", line 38, in modes
                                                stream_media.Main()
                                              File "/home/arick/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/resources/lib/stream_hulu.py", line 74, in __init__
                                                addcount = admodule.PreRoll(video_id,self.GUID,self.queue)
                                              File "/home/arick/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/resources/lib/ads.py", line 27, in PreRoll
                                                succeeded = self.playAD(video_id,addcount,GUID)
                                              File "/home/arick/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/resources/lib/ads.py", line 120, in playAD
                                                self.sstate = playlistSoup.find('sessionstate')['value']
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
12:26:02 T:3014834880   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.hulu/?url="60103458"&mode="TV_play"&videoid="385113"&eid="-5-raB_XmTgf9Bpoe78PHQ"]
12:26:02 T:3014834880 WARNING: Attempt to set unplayable index 0

Thanks much.
(2013-01-11, 01:58)grdnx Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 18:23)moneymaker Wrote:
(2012-12-29, 01:27)dsimages Wrote: Same issue here.

Same here

I've seen that happen, and it looks like it might be happening when the plugin doesn't go fast enough to drop the first show segment into the playlist it builds. Perhaps the pre-commercial is too quick, or Hulu is too slow. Does playback work when you disable the pre-commercial?

I have seen this also on short "Hulu is proud to support" messages at the beginning. Taking the advice of removing the pre-commercial, I was successful with loading some movies. However, some shows have these short messages before their shows. An example would be Castle. The result is seeing the channel blurb, but missing the show. I am on a RasberryPi system so it may be running slower than other systems.
Pausing things from hulu seem to cause issues in XBMC. What I notice is skipping around after I pause for a bit, if I pause for a long time (let's say half an hour) the show seems to just end. I think it's treating it like the show is still continuing even when it's pauses.

Anyone else see this behavior?
(2013-01-14, 21:37)jrubenol Wrote: Pausing things from hulu seem to cause issues in XBMC. What I notice is skipping around after I pause for a bit, if I pause for a long time (let's say half an hour) the show seems to just end. I think it's treating it like the show is still continuing even when it's pauses.

Yes. I get a deja-vu experience, where after playback after a pause it plays for about 10 seconds, and then skips back to repeat about 6 seconds again, and then moves along normally. I think sometimes it also happens after a commercial break.
(2013-01-14, 21:37)jrubenol Wrote: Pausing things from hulu seem to cause issues in XBMC. What I notice is skipping around after I pause for a bit, if I pause for a long time (let's say half an hour) the show seems to just end. I think it's treating it like the show is still continuing even when it's pauses.

I see it as well. Another intresting aspect to the problem is the longer you pause, the further it jumps back when you restart. I think it happens for everyone. I've never seen an obvious reason why it happens.
(2013-01-15, 20:38)tknorris Wrote:

I see it as well. Another intresting aspect to the problem is the longer you pause, the further it jumps back when you restart. I think it happens for everyone. I've never seen an obvious reason why it happens.

Relevant thread here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145820

Sounds like it is across Windows and Linux, and possibly most other streaming video sources.
Does adding proxy automatic configuration support possible?
This would pass only certain(gelocation related) request through proxy.

I use this .pac file for Opera and it works great. I can watch Hulu and there are no proxy speed issues.
(2012-01-25, 22:34)BlueCop Wrote: To install Hulu and other plugins you need to install the repository below.
Download Repository Here
XBMC Wiki: How to Install Additional Add-on Repositories

Old Support Thread

It is recommended you run the newest Eden Beta to use Hulu because a newer librtmp is required for playback.

If you have a problem please post Logs to pastebin. They should contain all the relevant information about the problem. Make sure to post your xbmc build and platform if you strip out the beginning of the log.
XBMC Wiki: Log File

Can this work on Dharma?
Yes but it isn't recommended. It requires you manually upgrade you librtmp.

Hulu Settings

Per Page settings control the number of items per page for different Hulu categories.

Hulu Login is a place for your login settings. The Enabled Plus options enables listing of plus items. They will play 90 seconds previews if you aren't a plus subscriber. Enable Login must be checked for your Queue, Subscriptions, and History to show in the plugin.

Library contains settings for exporting your Hulu Subscription and Queue items so they can be scanned into your XBMC Library. It will create strm and nfo files to be scanned into your library.The "Library Folder Stored in add-on settings" option will store the files in the addon settings directory of xbmc. This is recommended if you have a single xbmc setup. It will add the directories as xbmc sources. You have to restart xbmc for them to show up. You can then set their content and scan them into your library.

You can set a custom folder to dump these files by setting the "Custom Library Folder" and disabling the "Library Folder Stored in add-on settings".
The plugin will add the directories as sources when you dump the files. I do this because it is a folder on my NAS that is shared. The shared mysql database makes it possible to view my hulu library items anywhere.

"Update Library when Complete" will cause the plugin to trigger an update when it is done dumping your queue and/or subscriptions. This can be useful with the auto update script below.

To initiate the dumping you select the option via context menu items on your queue and subscription items. It does it in the background

kreeturez autoupdate hulu library script can be used to set timers to auto execute the queue and subscription dumping on a timer. This will make it so new episodes will make it into your library regularly and automatically. Read the readme file included with the package for setup.

Streaming settings control the playback of the main video.

Enable Captions - Enabling this will cause the plugin to download, decrypt, and convert the subtitles to srt. It is slowed on atv2 because of the encryption. You have to disabled pre-roll ads(see below) for subtitles to work due to the way they are assigned.

Quality - This is a list of bitrate options. These is also an Ask option which will display a list of all videos from all CDNs for you to select from.

Default CDN: this is the default Content delivery network. You should try each one of them if one does not work for you. You can use the Ask setting for Quality to easily try all the options.

SWF Verify - This should always be enabled because all servers use this now. I still want the setting for testing purposes.

Enable Proxy - enables the proxy

There is a place to enter your proxy ip and port.

Ad settings control how the ads are displayed with the content.

Ad Quality - This determines the ad bitrate

pre-roll ads - This controls the number of pre-roll ads. Setting this to 0 will disable preroll ads. Subtitles do not work with preroll ads enabled.

trailing ads - This will append ads to the end of the video.

Enabled Commercial Breaks - This will split this video into the segments based on where the commercial breaks are.

Commercials per Break - This determines the number of ads to insert per commercial break.

FAQ

I am located outside the United States. Will this work for me?
One can use a US based proxy. You need to provide your own. Please don't ask where to find one. It is your responsibility and not supported. Please don't discuss bypassing region restrictions.

I only added proxy support so people could avoid paying for vpn or some other service. I would suggest you get a Hulu Plus subscription instead. 720p streaming is great.

Hi,

Can you please create a proxy file to work for me outside USA?

Thankx

If I helped you please add to my reputation a positive
I use a Media Hint plug-in for Firefox https://mediahint.com/ it has it's own .pac file
(2013-01-16, 12:22)p4trykx Wrote: I use a Media Hint plug-in for Firefox https://mediahint.com/ it has it's own .pac file

I am using XBMCbuntu is linux version
If I helped you please add to my reputation a positive
Export all full Shows always stops at "Boys be...", any idea why?

Code:
16:08:16 T:5216   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\Uta\\Videos\\xbmc\\Hulu\\TV\\Boys Be...\\S1E1 - Cherry Blossoms.strm')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\default.py", line 57, in <module>
                                                modes ( )
                                              File "C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\default.py", line 35, in modes
                                                xbmclibrary.Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 73, in __init__
                                                self.GetFullShows()
                                              File "C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 129, in GetFullShows
                                                self.ExportShowList(url,delay=1500)
                                              File "C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 153, in ExportShowList
                                                self.ExportShowMovie(item)
                                              File "C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 171, in ExportShowMovie
                                                self.ExportShow(item)
                                              File "C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 193, in ExportShow
                                                self.ExportVideo(episode)
                                              File "C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 215, in ExportVideo
                                                self.SaveFile( filename+'.strm', strm, directory)
                                              File "C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 89, in SaveFile
                                                file = open(path,'w')
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Users\\Uta\\Videos\\xbmc\\Hulu\\TV\\Boys Be...\\S1E1 - Cherry Blossoms.strm')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
16:08:16 T:4424   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
16:08:16 T:5216    INFO: Python script stopped
16:08:16 T:5216   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 5216 terminating
16:08:16 T:4424   DEBUG: waiting for python thread 3 (C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\default.py) to stop
16:08:16 T:4424   DEBUG: python thread 3 (C:\Users\Uta\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\default.py) destructed
16:08:22 T:4424   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
16:08:26 T:4424    INFO: Python, unloading python shared library because no scripts are running anymore

• 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17