• 8(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
rcrh: read the streaming section of the first post. You most likely have to switch CDN.

also 3.2.3 is the latest. force refresh the repo and update if you don't have it.
BlueCop Wrote:TheCasa: it was a problem with the xbmc user name. the /x formed by the directory name was trying to be interpreted as hex. I committed a fix. let me know how it works.

perfection BC! thanks! youre awesome!
BlueCop Wrote:rcrh: read the streaming section of the first post. You most likely have to switch CDN.

also 3.2.3 is the latest. force refresh the repo and update if you don't have it.

Cool, I'll check both of these as soon as I can get back on the aTV. What's strange is that I only installed this yesterday (including the repo) and Hulu was working.
BlueCop Wrote:pkscuot: I would love to take a look at it. I can give you committing rights if you want.

That would be fine. Fair warning though. I've never used any kind of version control system though, so if you can point me to a tutorial I'll do what I can to not make a mess of things. Wink
Quote:llamedo: I know close to nothing about proxy authentication. I don't know whats wrong. I setup a local proxy with authentication to test code. It authenticated fine on it. I don't know how to debug the 407 error. You'll have to debug it if you want it fixed.
I don't know how to debug that error, sorry. I can still send you some private proxies so you can test them.
rcrh: sorry I misunderstood. The bug should should be fixed now. It was a problem with the queued ads.

pkscuot: sent a pm

llamedo: sent a pm

I am going to add one more option to add subtitles to an already playing video. It will be on the context menu for the video. So you could exit full screen and activate them via the context item. I will make it activate Full Screen so it will take you back to the video.

I wonder if we can dynamically assign a hulu subtitle script for subtitles for hulu videos so they could be enabled through that.

I might just make a subtitle add-on so people could enable hulu subs that way if thats what if they want.

Update: I added the assign subtitle option to the context menu. I also used the has captions tag to determine if the context items should be available. So if a video doesn't have the context options then subtitles aren't available for it. I considered doing a (CC) tag like the HD one. I think I might make those both optional though. It would probably be best since I don't know what people like. The HD tag is only really relevant to the plus users anyway.
3.2.4 seems to have broken Dharma again (3.2.3 worked) get:

Code:
00:44:44 T:140625875822336 M:2157756416    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
00:44:44 T:140625875822336 M:2157756416   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ImportError
00:44:44 T:140625875822336 M:2157756416   ERROR: Error Contents: No module named hashlib
00:44:44 T:140625875822336 M:2157756416   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/myth/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/default.py", line 12, in ?
                                                import resources.lib.common as common
                                              File "/home/myth/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/resources/lib/common.py", line 15, in ?
                                                import hashlib
                                            ImportError: No module named hashlib
00:44:44 T:140625875822336 M:2157756416    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
Ha It was complaining about using the sha module instead of the hashlib for sha. It is used in the api signature. I will make a fix. I thought dharma python had hashlib.

when eden stable hits I am dropping dharma. I will branch it or something so people can still use it.

Update: Committed a fix.
BlueCop Wrote:Ha It was complaining about using the sha module instead of the hashlib for sha. It is used in the api signature. I will make a fix. I thought dharma python had hashlib.

when eden stable hits I am dropping dharma. I will branch it or something so people can still use it.

Update: Committed a fix.

thanks but get a new error with 3.2.6:

Code:
start of HULU plugin
01:55:06 T:140625857869568 M:2047340544  NOTICE: HULU--> common.args.mode -- > Subscriptions
01:55:06 T:140625857869568 M:2047340544    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
01:55:06 T:140625857869568 M:2047340544   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.KeyError
01:55:06 T:140625857869568 M:2047340544   ERROR: Error Contents: usertoken
01:55:06 T:140625857869568 M:2047340544   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/myth/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/default.py", line 57, in ?
                                                modes ( )
                                              File "/home/myth/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/default.py", line 47, in modes
                                                queue.Main()
                                              File "/home/myth/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/resources/lib/_menu.py", line 36, in __init__
                                                self.addMenuItems(perpage,common.args.page)
                                              File "/home/myth/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.hulu/resources/lib/_menu.py", line 67, in addMenuItems
                                                usertoken = common.settings['usertoken']
                                            KeyError: usertoken
01:55:06 T:140625857869568 M:2047340544    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
01:55:06 T:140625857869568 M:2047340544    INFO: Python script stopped
you aren't logged in. reload the root listing and it should log you in. if it doesn't then delete the token.xml in addons/plugin.video.hulu/lib/cache then try again
Hi everyone, and hey Bluecop - let me first thank you for this great addon! I'ts just what I've been looking for. Unfortunatly, I have some difficulties playing videos via hulu, I guess I'm doing something wrong.
I'm running XBMC on an Apple TV 2

XBMC (11.0-BETA2 Git:20120120-f76c547), Platform: Darwin iOS (10.4.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.2.1

Every now and then I can watch an episode of a TV show, but mostly I get a general error Message. (It's in german, so there's no use posting it I guess). It's quite random, sometimes a video doesn't work, and sometimes all seem to be working. I uploaded the xbmc.log here:

http://pastebin.com/gQ5NQQHF

Does anybody know this kind of behaviour?

Thanks for every hint

Cheers!
Tim
peace,

Trying to add my subscriptions to my library, but I'm getting errors.
Here's my pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/fmh8KiQ5

pretty sure it's an NFS thing.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
BlueCop Wrote:rcrh: read the streaming section of the first post. You most likely have to switch CDN.

Back to checking these now and noticed that I have version 3.2.6. How did I end up ahead of the current release?

SUCCESS!!! Changed CDN to akamai and everything is working now.
BTW, Level3 caused the ads to play but then the error message came up when the program was supposed to start.

Thanks for your help.
@BlueCop is there any way to add offline favorites? I don't have hulu account and I am not going to have one I guess. Keeping my favorites shows is not possible without login Sad I have to find my shows from menu all the time.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17