• 5(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
dongdong: there isn't a new context menu. it is already there. i just cleared the default xbmc options to use them for queue and subscription stuff. This is already complete.

I am going to readd add-on setting but I think that is it.
It looks like the script to startup the Hulu library updates conflicts with Weather+ (at least at startup). Using the script and autoexec.py as supplied I would always get an error from the Weather+ plugin at startup. The log file said it couldn't import a needed file because import was locked by something else. If I removed the huluplus startup stuff it works fine.

To get around this, I don't call the script during startup. I instead set an alarm at startup to run the script after 10 mintues. After that it runs every x amount of time based on the script settings. Here's what I added to my autoexec.py:
Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('AlarmClock(huluupdatelibrary,XBMC.RunScript(script.hululibraryautoupdate),10,true)')
BlueCop Wrote:Mighty_Diamond: Subtitles won't work with pre-roll enabled because of the way we assign the subtitles. they also won't work with commercial breaks enable because the way we segment the video.

from the first post

I must be going blind as I missed that. lol. Thanks for the help.
hi bluecop im having plugin errors as well with hulu espn and some of the free cable channels, forgive my newbness but here is the log for hulu
http://pastebin.ca/2106678. im using windows 7 64 and anything else you need ask away and thanks
BlueCop Wrote:mattsidnell: I didn't think about an authenticated proxy. I will pull out the python docs to see how its done or try to find an example where someone else uses authentication.

I just tested it on free public proxies on the web and a local one running on my pc.

The bbc iplayer add-on has proxy authentication if that helps ...
bluecop: Dont go and work to hard on the dharma problem on my behalf alone. I just installed Eden on an old computer that had xbmc dharma and it seems to work well enough. It accepted all the settings and saved favorites properly. I greatly appreciate your effort. I do feel alot of people are still hanging on to the old dharma waiting for an official release. For what that is worth.
Thank you once again.
-Stampee
Original6ix: upgrade to eden.

apw2607:already committed it.
BlueCop Wrote:mattsidnell: committed 3.0.9 with authenticated proxy support. let me know if you have a problem.

pkscuot: thanks for the info.

I did an update (3.1.1) to allow you to set the default view mode. I also changed a some info-labels.

It is on the per page setting right now. It gives you different media views to default to. I set the media info 2 as the default. You can also disable setting the view all together.
Hey BlueCop the Hulu addon looks nice on my ATV2 but i seem to get a error. All folders will load, and when i play a video the commercial will load and play then i get a popup that says No Video Stream ( SMIL did not contain video links ) and have tried about everything my rookie ass is capable of. I am using Hulu Ver 3.1.2 with 11.0Beta2 on ATV2. I wasn't shur what you wouls need from the log so i just copied it all. Thanks

http://pastebin.com/svwKkb33
pbilkow: hulu serves smils without any video links to people who are geoblocked. If you are located outside the US please refer to the FAQ in the first post.
bohbot16 Wrote:I'm not sure if it's possible to do, but I'll ask:
I'd like an option to automatically remove watched episodes from my queue. If you could add this it would be great.

I tried to work out a solution that wouldn't break xbmc built in stop/resume support in Eden. It will add an item in the queue after the main video that will remove the video from the queue. So you will always want to stop the video and not skip forward or else it will prematurely remove it from your queue. this is new in 3.1.5

XBMC stop/resume support works correctly in 3.1.5

Posting to your history is also back in 3.1.5
Thumbs Up 
pkscuot Wrote:It looks like the script to startup the Hulu library updates conflicts with Weather+ (at least at startup). Using the script and autoexec.py as supplied I would always get an error from the Weather+ plugin at startup. The log file said it couldn't import a needed file because import was locked by something else. If I removed the huluplus startup stuff it works fine.

To get around this, I don't call the script during startup. I instead set an alarm at startup to run the script after 10 mintues. After that it runs every x amount of time based on the script settings. Here's what I added to my autoexec.py:
Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('AlarmClock(huluupdatelibrary,XBMC.RunScript(script.hululibraryautoupdate),10,true)')

Thanks for letting us know about this; should be useful for other Weather+ users!

(Note that there's no issue with using it in conjunction with the regular Weather plugin).
bluecop, you seem to be really pushing them out, so maybe this is no longer an issue, however, I will mention it just in case. It seems that when using the auto library update for some reason all my hulu subscriptions are loaded into the hulu library folder even if I have since removed them from my 'favorites' on hulu. I am getting a ton of shows I don't want. I will try again when I get home (around 6pm EST), but I thought maybe it was something you were aware of.

Is there somewhere the plugin caches the subscriptions (besides the library folder it creates)? If so, maybe it is only adding to this file and not removing when a show is removed? Just a thought. I didn't have time to look last night, I just noticed a bunch of extra shows updating.

edit: This may occur when adding to the library through the plugin as well. I never checked.
First of all thank you for this plugin.
I get a plugin error when I try to open the plugin. Im not in the US but I configured a working proxy. I use XBMC Dharma vin my AppleTV 1G, I havent fixed any librtmp file because I read somewhere that it is a problem for ATV2.
So, what should I do? Thank you very much.
I updated my AppleTV to XBMC Eden and now I'm able to open the plugin.

Here's a problem with the proxy authentication, when I play an item I can see the ads, but when it's time to actually play the item I get an HTTP 407 EROOR: Proxy Authentication Required. I know for a fact that my proxy is working, I'm using it right now to post in this forum. When I get that 407 error, then I get another one that says "Can't find a next item to play". Thank you.
Hi Blue Cop,

That was amazingly fast, thank you very much.

I have entered my details now but it still says that authentication is required and when I play an episode, it tells me that the script has failed. Is this because of the authentication issue or is it something else? The commercials play but then it cannot play the next item.

Once again, thanks for all your help.

Matt
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17