• 7(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
BlueCop Wrote:Mighty_Diamond: you can already control all that in XBMC Video settings for subtitles.

I don't plan to support downloading.

Donate to XBMC or adopt a kitty.

Will do. I know its prob the same thing, but is there anyway to make a file viewable offline? just it would be great to have a latest ep to catch up with on my morning train journey, as oppesed to having to download a file. Sort of the way spotify has a offline mode ??

Ill certainly donate towards XBMC.
BlueCop Wrote:use the install from zip option.

this if from the readme.

use the addon settings to determine the length of time between updates. I would suggest the 10 hour mark. They usually add new videos in the morning.

I am going to take a look at the timers. I want different timers for subscription and queue. queue should have a shorter duration while subscriptions should have a much longer one.

Thanks I've installed it. This is probably a stupid question but if xbmc is off when the 10 hour timer is supposed to update, does it update automatically next time I turn xbmc on? Or would you have to move the autoexec.py script to the user data directory so it automatically updates on start up?
Bluecop!
help! script failure when starting hulu-
http://pastebin.com/7GWu8sMt
started happening a few days ago. Yes, I'm running Dharma, I believe I'm running librtmp 2.3.
"ImportError: No module named xbmcvfs"
any ideas? I'd rather not upgrade to Eden yet until I get a test box running it 1st.
thanks!
yea I broke dhrama when I moved to element tree.

i dont have dhrama installed anywhere right now. I just need to find an element tree import for that version

kealan: timer is only active when xbmc is.
I did an update to fix dharma.

I also changed the xbmclibrary notifications to only show when you force it via the context menu items.

I committed a updated auto hulu library update which should auto-update if you already have it. I am going to expand on it soon. It just needed to be updated to for some plugin changes.

Oh and search. I fixed it up a bit. queue adding and subscriptions adding should work from there now.

Ok I did the context items for captions and manual quality selection. Let me know how they work for you.
I'm still getting script failure in dharma.
same error as before, I have the new v3.1.6
update to 3.2.1

if you don't see it force refresh the repo.
I recently upgraded to Eden b2, and Hulu is now giving me a script fail after I replaced a new librtmp for jTV.

aTV2 Eden b2

xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/wSY49Y0j

Looks really weird.. Lots of these errors?
Quote:DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
import md5

Thanks for any recommendations..
I committed to 3.2.2 to fix it.

I introduced a bug when I added the option to context menus for forcing subtitles or quality selection.

you shouldn't need to replace the rtmp with eden b2.

yeah I need to move to hashlib. that isn't the problem though.
3.2.2 tested. Works for me. Much thanks.

Incredibly fast service. Thank you sir for what you do.
Hey BlueCop did you take a look at the Proxy Authentication Required Error?

Here's the log you asked me for http://pastebin.com/g2bsfYuz and if you need a private proxy server to test it just tell me and I'll pm you one.
Thank you!
crawl Wrote:I recently upgraded to Eden b2, and Hulu is now giving me a script fail after I replaced a new librtmp for jTV.

aTV2 Eden b2

xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/wSY49Y0j

Looks really weird.. Lots of these errors?

Thanks for any recommendations..

I'm having a similar problem. I'm running win7 x64 and didn't replace librtmp though. When I open subscriptions, queue, or history, everything works fine. If I try to delve into movies or tv that I'm not subscribed to, I get a similar error.

On Movies, I get to the first subdirectory where it lists Popular Movies, Recently Added, etc, but when I try to go deeper, into studios for example the error occurs. The same occurs with TV, Popular, and recently added. Search still works however. You can search for a tv show or movie (queued, subscribed, etc or not) and it plays fine.

Here's my log. It appears the same as the earlier post: http://pastebin.com/PiqiKU0p

Thanks for looking into this. Hopefully it's not something I should be doing differently. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin and played with pretty much all the settings to no avail. BTW, this happens whether logged in or not and I am a Hulu Plus subscriber if it makes any difference.
Since I only drop stuff from my queue into my library, I've been remarking out the line in the libraryautoupdate plugin that updates the subscriptions. This morning I decided that editing the code directly is kind of an affront to nature, so I updated the plugin to provide options to enable the queue update and subscription update separately.

Then I got bored and remembered the BlueCop had said something about wanting to have separate update times for the queue and subscriptions. So I tackled that too. BlueCop, I'm happy to bundle this up and send it to you for review and inclusion in the repo if you'd like. Just let me know the best way to get it to you.

This update shouldn't require any changes to autoexec.py, although I did add an example in the included autoexec.py on how to start the script up with a 1 minute delay to avoid the conflict with Weather+.

Oh, and I don't do much python programming, so I think I spent more time troubleshooting mismatching indents than anything else. Wink
llamedo: I know close to nothing about proxy authentication. I don't know whats wrong. I setup a local proxy with authentication to test code. It authenticated fine on it. I don't know how to debug the 407 error. You'll have to debug it if you want it fixed.

TheCasa: it was a problem with the xbmc user name. the /x formed by the directory name was trying to be interpreted as hex. I committed a fix. let me know how it works.

pkscuot: I would love to take a look at it. I can give you committing rights if you want.
I'm having problems with the plugin under Eden b2 on an ATV2. Every video I try to play loads the sponsor vid from HULU ("this show is brought to you by....") and then I get an error saying Playlist could not play next item.

This would normally be the point where a full commercial would play before the actual video.

oh yeah, I'm logged in to my huluplus account.

Here is my xbmc log

http://pastebin.com/fDpdnh5y

Any thoughts?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17