• 28(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
pkscuot Wrote:There's information here on the library integration.

Thanks, who would have thought to look at the first post? Rolleyes (In case my sarcasm wasn't clear, I meant it was stupid of me not to check there!)

So I need to set up a Hulu login to use these features, correct? That might explain why I was having trouble. I haven't set one up yet.

Thanks again!
mplacido9 Wrote:Turn off network pre roll.

Turned off network pre-roll AND commercials.

When I try to load an episode it gives me a streaming message and even with ore-roll off loads and commercial (about 8 seconds) and then drops back to the episode menu - this time with the preroll commercial listed with a check next to it.

This has been going on for a while as I previously posted. All software is up to date and I just loaded atv flash black 1.4 - which did not load a new xbmc.

Suggestions? Thx
easelpad Wrote:Turned off network pre-roll AND commercials.

When I try to load an episode it gives me a streaming message and even with ore-roll off loads and commercial (about 8 seconds) and then drops back to the episode menu - this time with the preroll commercial listed with a check next to it.

This has been going on for a while as I previously posted. All software is up to date and I just loaded atv flash black 1.4 - which did not load a new xbmc.

Suggestions? Thx

I suggest that you post logs...
I would love to use real-debrid with this plugin. Will it ever happen?
bboo Wrote:I would love to use real-debrid with this plugin. Will it ever happen?

My bet would be probably not. Some very simple proxy options were added just so people didn't have to pay for basically a free service, but this addon is focused on playing Hulu content for people in a country (I think just the US) in which Hulu can distribute content. It also looks like real-debrid is designed to download files, and this addon doesn't actually download anything. It just plays streams.
(2012-03-09, 04:59)easelpad Wrote: Turned off network pre-roll AND commercials.

Exact same issues here.

But, If I select the 8 second commercial listed with a check next to it, I get about another 4 minutes of commercials and then usually the video loads...

Thoughts?

**edit**

Log: http://pastebin.com/Xn8TWFng
I get no useful information from these reports.

I need to know specifics. hulu addon settings, xbmc version, logs.
(2012-03-14, 00:24)BlueCop Wrote: I get no useful information from these reports.

I need to know specifics. hulu addon settings, xbmc version, logs.

I figured out my issue. I had turned off network pre-roll and commercials, but I forgot to set pre-roll ads and trailing ads to 0.
Now everything works perfect!
Two Questions:

1) kreeturez autoupdate hulu library script - first post says this can be executed on a timer, but readme with plugin only looks like it works on launch of XBMC. Can someone provide details on how to schedule on a timer?

2) Can someone please provide (or point me to) some more information regarding all the Ad options in this plugin. I'm not sure what all the different options mean.

It would appear to me at first glance that you can turn off all the commercials based on these settings, but of course Hulu would not want this...

But, I have tested this and it seems to skip commercials - therefore I am curious why anyone would opt for commercials and what adverse effects may exist for turning them off.

Thanks!

Oh...also wanted to thank BlueCop for this...so far it's working fantastic and is a nail in the coffin to my WMC setup and major reason to move back to XBMC
.peace out.
When switching between Hulu Plus episodes, it always says something to the effect of "Close other Hulu Plus sessions." Restarting xbmc or playing a SD quality Hulu video usually fixes it. Is there anyway I can get rid of this message?
bengalih: 1. It is configured just like the addon. You can go to programs or addons to configure it.
2. what don't you understand? It is your choice how you configure it.

ihaterich: If you switch quickly between plus videos then this will happen. If you are just watching plus video after another in succession then you won't have an issue. I would have to take control of the xbmc player events to be able to do the api commands. I used to do this for cross stop/resume support with the site itself. It was buggy and I prefer xbmc built in stop/resume support for plugins in Eden. I can't take over those xbmc player events for hulu event posting because I want to use the built in stop/resume.

If you have "remove from queue" enabled then you should press skip forward to end the episode and it will free up your viewing slot. I added a separate playlist item to post the "view complete" api command. This executes the plug-in to post the proper views for queue removal and freeing up your slots.
(2012-03-14, 20:03)BlueCop Wrote: bengalih: 1. It is configured just like the addon. You can go to programs or addons to configure it.
2. what don't you understand? It is your choice how you configure it.

Ok...I didn't actually install it. Your original post said to look at the Readme for instructions, so that's what I did, and it was very bare. I'll go ahead and actually fool around with it.

Regarding the commercials - I guess what I don't understand is why give the option to watch commercials if you can bypass them Smile. When I saw the options I thought "wow you can totally skip the commercials" and it does seem that it indeed allows you to do this. I thought I am missing something because it was too good to be true!

I didn't know if somehow hulu can track how many commercials you are watching, so if you skipped them eventually you would have to meet a quota.

If this isn't the case though, and you can skip them without issue, then that's even better.

Thanks again for the plugin and for your active support and involvement helping everyone use it!

.peace out.
is there a way to null the "content is expired" popup when xbmc loads an expired hulu stream?
I would prefer the video to fail to play without notification...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Lunatixz: sure it could be added to suppress those notifications. Why do you want this?
(2012-03-15, 22:35)BlueCop Wrote: Lunatixz: sure it could be added to suppress those notifications. Why do you want this?

I use hulu with pseudotv... it works well but when it loads expired content it halts pseudotv until you clear hulu notification. It would be nice to have it fail load with no notification so ptv could load the following video.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17