• 66(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
(2013-05-15, 02:26)elmerohueso Wrote: Has anyone gotten this working with Gotham alpha on Android? I get "script failed" when I try to launch it.

Scratch that. It was an issue with that specific build (it broke all addons). Went back a build and it's working.
I found a windows-specific semi-bug. If you are subscribed to a show with a name that ends in periods (...) and try to export them the folder will be created with the proper name but then windows will remove the periods from the folder name. So when the plugin tries to add strm files to that folder it doesnt exist and the script stops.

Code:
19:56:21 T:2512   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
                                            Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Video\\Hulu\\TV\\The Supersizers Go...\\S1E1 - Wartime.strm')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Documents and Settings\Butters\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\default.py", line 60, in <module>
                                                modes ( )
                                              File "C:\Documents and Settings\Butters\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\default.py", line 35, in modes
                                                xbmclibrary.Main()
                                              File "C:\Documents and Settings\Butters\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 65, in __init__
                                                self.GetSubscriptions()
                                              File "C:\Documents and Settings\Butters\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 104, in GetSubscriptions
                                                self.ExportShowList(url)
                                              File "C:\Documents and Settings\Butters\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 153, in ExportShowList
                                                self.ExportShowMovie(item)
                                              File "C:\Documents and Settings\Butters\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 171, in ExportShowMovie
                                                self.ExportShow(item)
                                              File "C:\Documents and Settings\Butters\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 193, in ExportShow
                                                self.ExportVideo(episode)
                                              File "C:\Documents and Settings\Butters\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 215, in ExportVideo
                                                self.SaveFile( filename+'.strm', strm, directory)
                                              File "C:\Documents and Settings\Butters\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.hulu\resources\lib\xbmclibrary.py", line 89, in SaveFile
                                                file = open(path,'w')
                                            IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', 'C:\\Video\\Hulu\\TV\\The Supersizers Go...\\S1E1 - Wartime.strm')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
19:56:21 T:2512    INFO: Python script stopped
19:56:21 T:2512   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 2512 terminating

The cause is a stupid windows thing you can read about here, http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Foru...24c087807/
Any one having issues with the hulu plugin. I have a windows based xbmc and when i try to play any content on nbc I get the advert or the NBC intro music and it stops. I've tried uninstalling and re installing it to no avail. Your help is really appreciated.
(2013-05-18, 01:55)navigates Wrote: Any one having issues with the hulu plugin. I have a windows based xbmc and when i try to play any content on nbc I get the advert or the NBC intro music and it stops. I've tried uninstalling and re installing it to no avail. Your help is really appreciated.

I tested this by trying to play a few episodes of community and had the same results.

I had this issue with "inside amy schumer" the other day and thought it was just that one show that was messed up. This doesnt happen with other comedy central shows though so i dont think it is a network specific issue. Disabling "network pre-roll" fixes the issue for me, give that a try.
(2013-05-18, 02:04)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2013-05-18, 01:55)navigates Wrote: Any one having issues with the hulu plugin. I have a windows based xbmc and when i try to play any content on nbc I get the advert or the NBC intro music and it stops. I've tried uninstalling and re installing it to no avail. Your help is really appreciated.

I tested this by trying to play a few episodes of community and had the same results.

I had this issue with "inside amy schumer" the other day and thought it was just that one show that was messed up. This doesnt happen with other comedy central shows though so i dont think it is a network specific issue. Disabling "network pre-roll" fixes the issue for me, give that a try.

You are absolutely right. Its now working. Thanks a lot for your help. Smile
I also have the same problem with Community but the network preroll was already disabled. When I try to play the episode it requests that I select a quality level - all the levels are level3 but I have my player set to akamai. If I switch it to level3 it still doesn't play. Anyone else with this problem? Here's my log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=21616

Hulu still playing Daily Show without any issues.

Running OpenELEC 3.0.3 ION x64 build
It is weird, I can install the hulu at XBMC 11.4, but it won't work at lastest 12.2 Frodo , always say : hulu installation failed....

Who knows what is wrong?
Just to make sure: 720p streaming is only possible with a Hulu Plus account? Any way of getting one outside the US?
anyway to get the plugin running on the current android release?
It appeared all of a sudden. Never mind! ;-)
Alright guys I have a problem. I watch some stuff from this plugin and some keep giving me choose a stream and they are all (alkamia) and when I choose one they all give me ads and once it's finished it just goes back to the original page with all the episodes. Any idea how to fix it?
If I helped you please add to my reputation a positive note

School has started, This Means Lots Of Homework[/color]

No Sharing XML's Anymore Per Forum Rules
Does anyone have problems with Attack on Titan and Arrow. I cant stream Attack on Titan at all and i have the same problem as the guy above me for Arrow
(2013-06-02, 01:14)crusader88 Wrote: Alright guys I have a problem. I watch some stuff from this plugin and some keep giving me choose a stream and they are all (alkamia) and when I choose one they all give me ads and once it's finished it just goes back to the original page with all the episodes. Any idea how to fix it?

You have to go into the addon settings and disable ALL of the ads.
(2013-06-02, 17:43)Canyaya Wrote:
(2013-06-02, 01:14)crusader88 Wrote: Alright guys I have a problem. I watch some stuff from this plugin and some keep giving me choose a stream and they are all (alkamia) and when I choose one they all give me ads and once it's finished it just goes back to the original page with all the episodes. Any idea how to fix it?

You have to go into the addon settings and disable ALL of the ads.
I also has to set all ads to ZERO
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17