• 97(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
Right - just switched to another DNS based unblocker. Same situation - hulu plays back on all machines via browser. Playback of limelight source via addon fails with access denied. Just tried signing up and logging into hulu (not plus) via addon and same result. Could there be a cache or other old config stopping access?
With an US-located VPN, Limelight works for me @non-Plus and Beta-Plugin.
With just Overplay SmartDNS, it doesn't.

I have made some logs, for everyone interested.

Limelight - non-Plus - US-located VPN: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=138490
Limelight - non-Plus - SmartDNS: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=138494
Limelight - Hulu+ - US-located VPN: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=138495
Limelight - Hulu+ - SmartDNS: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=138496

Limelight doesn't work/show up, when Hulu+ is enabled, and thats the main problem for me now.
(2014-02-25, 09:08)smoke_tetsu Wrote:
(2014-02-24, 14:56)hfudge Wrote: @smoke_tetsu: How are you able to make rd work? Mine stopped working several months ago, none of the dif forum fixes worked for me, even the mod on the rd forum.

Didn't work for me at first either but I looked up support threads for real-debrid such as making sure direct download is checked in real-debrid settings on their site and had some trial and error and finally got it to work. I also downloaded a couple of support files from here for the hulu addon and applied them but I don't have the link to those handy (filenames where stream_debrid.py and debridroutines.py) .... sorry. After replacing those THEN it started working for me IIRC. But if you tried everything including those files there's not much I can tell you. I just know it works for me now... with a few caveats of course which I've already mentioned.

By the way... the slightly modified .py file for the beta version a page or two back.. didn't seem to help any for me.

And yeah, with Hulu Plus enabled Limelight is simply not a choice for me. When it's enabled I just get the sources choice menu when trying to play a video... with basically two choices. Neither of them being limelight.
Oh, yeah! Hulu addon functioning normally for me with rd. Your "direct download" clue was key. What worked for me was:
1. enable "direct download" in settings on rd website
2. uninstall existing Hulu addon
3. install Hulu addon (v3.4.5 or v3.9.7 beta from rd forum)
Many thanks.
(2014-02-24, 20:16)spanktastic2120 Wrote: Yeah, edgecast fails for an unknown reason, It will probably take someone with more rtmpdump experience to figure it out. Level3 will not work for anyone until the librtmp library used to fetch flash streams gets patched for version 2 SWF verification, which i dont think will happen any time soon.

(2014-02-24, 11:37)d2a2 Wrote: so if i understand correctly, a summary of the responses since CDN changes is:
  • Using limelight as CDN with Hulu+ disabled works for some people, but not others. Is this a new geoblocking issue?
  • Other CDNs fail for everyone, due to version 2 SWF verification(?)
  • Some shows in some regions do not have limelight as a source
  • The addon version (bluecop vs beta plugin) does not seem to be a factor

Please correct anything i've got wrong

1) Limelight seems to work for everyone if you disable hulu+, the error with plus enabled is "access denied" so i dont know why that is. Its not geoblocking, judging by the one log ive seen on the issue.

2) Level3 fails because of version 2, and will not work until the rtmpdump people and then subsequently librtmp people figure out how to do version 2 verification.

3) I dont think the sources are regional, but its possible. I havent seen any shows that dont have limelight as a source, but people have said some of the ones they watch dont have it. There have also been reports that when plus is enabled Limelight doesnt come up as a source anymore.

4) There is no difference between the beta and non-beta addon that would affect this particular issue. I uploaded a slightly modified .py file for the beta version a page or two back that will actually try to use Edgecast instead of just reporting that it is not supported. If anyone can get Edgecast to work then a log might enable us to get it working for everyone.

I've managed to get the edgecast server to handshake and reply, but it's not great news. It appears that edgecast uses drm and encrypts the video and audio streams as can be seen below:
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: Metadata:
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: duration 2895.67
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: moovPosition 36.00
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: width 640.00
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: height 480.00
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: videocodecid encv
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: audiocodecid enca
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: avcprofile 100.00
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: avclevel 30.00
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: aacaot 2.00
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: videoframerate 23.98
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: audiosamplerate 22050.00
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: audiochannels 2.00
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: tags:
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: ©too Hulu v1.2

AFAIK this cannot be handled by XBMC - nor should we try to - probably.
(2014-02-26, 04:05)learningit Wrote: I've managed to get the edgecast server to handshake and reply, but it's not great news. It appears that edgecast uses drm and encrypts the video and audio streams as can be seen below:
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: Metadata:
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: duration 2895.67
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: moovPosition 36.00
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: width 640.00
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: height 480.00
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: videocodecid encv
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: audiocodecid enca
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: avcprofile 100.00
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: avclevel 30.00
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: aacaot 2.00
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: videoframerate 23.98
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: audiosamplerate 22050.00
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: audiochannels 2.00
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: tags:
21:01:53 T:2320 NOTICE: ©too Hulu v1.2

AFAIK this cannot be handled by XBMC - nor should we try to - probably.

Using the code provided by @learningit ive done some more testing with Edgecast. Every video i tried that had a Limelight source had an unencrypted Edgecast source. AKA Edgecast works for every video that has a Limelight source. So this doesnt really help us at all. I've applied the changes to the appropriate file and uploaded it here. It would be great if everyone could give it a shot and see if they can find instances of Edgecast working when there is no Limelight source, or when Limelight fails (which doesnt seem to happen very often).

Huge thanks to @learningit for figuring out how Edgecast works.
@spanktastic2120

although i have to manually select the quality but it works for every video i have tried when i choose edgecast. Before it was only couple of videos worked in limelight mode.

My cdn is limelight

hulu plus disabled

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6uj03w85r7jwiir/hulu.png

Thanks for the support
Edgecast also works with Hulu Plus enabled. Tested with Family Guy Season 9 and 10.

But it sometimes needs some time, to show up the quality selection screen (Raspberry Pi, OpenELEC 3.2.4, Medium-Overclock-Settings).
So far so good for me too with Hulu Plus enabled. I applied the edited .py file, disabled real-debrid and re-enabled Hulu Login and kept Hulu Plus checked.

It brings up the list of choices now and I choose edgecast and it just works for me now with all the videos I've chosen to watch so far. Watched some farscape in 720p, how it works, a Trigun OAV, a documentary about atlantis, and a smattering of other videos...

If I run into any that don't you'll be the first to know. All that needs to be fixed from my point of view right now is having to choose the source each time I play a video.
(2014-02-26, 07:38)spanktastic2120 Wrote: Using the code provided by @learningit ive done some more testing with Edgecast. Every video i tried that had a Limelight source had an unencrypted Edgecast source. AKA Edgecast works for every video that has a Limelight source. So this doesnt really help us at all. I've applied the changes to the appropriate file and uploaded it here. It would be great if everyone could give it a shot and see if they can find instances of Edgecast working when there is no Limelight source, or when Limelight fails (which doesnt seem to happen very often).

GREAT WORK!!!! I love this community!!!
this file has worked!

the only thing that I noticed is that shows like "the daily show", "colbert report" -- their latest shows are not availableHuh
they are there, but when you click on them, it says "this content has expired". I also noticed that there is no "(HD)" in the title name.
so I don't know if there is some kind of extra delay for shows...

-- nevermind, they aren't even on the website yet. Sad

but hey! I can live with that... at least we have Hulu Plus working again.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2014-02-26, 16:18)locomot1f Wrote: the only thing that I noticed is that shows like "the daily show", "colbert report" -- their latest shows are not availableHuh
they are there, but when you click on them, it says "this content has expired". I also noticed that there is no "(HD)" in the title name.
so I don't know if there is some kind of extra delay for shows...

but hey! I can live with that... at least we have Hulu Plus working again.

I have noticed this from time to time as well, it has gone away in the past when I wait a bit, but it may also be an indicator that the CDN chosen doesn't support Plus, not sure - needs testing.

(2014-02-26, 14:45)smoke_tetsu Wrote: If I run into any that don't you'll be the first to know. All that needs to be fixed from my point of view right now is having to choose the source each time I play a video.

I have looked at storing the selected CDN from the list as a "fallback" CDN, the code is not a lot but it requires changes in several files to work. The issue is that I notice that the CDN indicator from edgecast (and sometimes level3) contains a server prefix which changes. This means that even though you set a fallback CDN by selecting from the list given, you may need to re-select from time to time depending on what the server sends back which may defeat the purpose of saving the fallback in the first place. I would not propose adding edgecast to the default CDN list - many feeds are encrypted and the server prefix issue. Maybe someone has a better idea?
well i don't know what to think now. Seems to be all sorts of inconsistent behaviour. i'm using a trial of another DNS based unblocker. no hulu + and no login. default CDN set to limelight. i have managed to get a single episode of a show to play once but not subsequently, and other episodes do not playback. other requests also seem to be timing out. could be the DNS again but here's a log in case it's useful:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=139282
learningit Wrote:I have looked at storing the selected CDN from the list as a "fallback" CDN, the code is not a lot but it requires changes in several files to work. The issue is that I notice that the CDN indicator from edgecast (and sometimes limelight) contains a server prefix which changes. This means that even though you set a fallback CDN by selecting from the list given, you may need to re-select from time to time depending on what the server sends back which may defeat the purpose of saving the fallback in the first place. I would not propose adding edgecast to the default CDN list - many feeds are encrypted and the server prefix issue. Maybe someone has a better idea?

hope you saw my edits. just seems that those shows haven't been made available.
i've tested quite a few shows, and (for me) things seem to be working with Hulu Plus.

keep up the great work. I can try to get you some logs, if you think that will help in figuring out the best way to correcting the CDN selection process.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2014-02-26, 17:54)d2a2 Wrote: well i don't know what to think now. Seems to be all sorts of inconsistent behaviour. i'm using a trial of another DNS based unblocker. no hulu + and no login. default CDN set to limelight. i have managed to get a single episode of a show to play once but not subsequently, and other episodes do not playback. other requests also seem to be timing out. could be the DNS again but here's a log in case it's useful:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=139282
It's not the plugin
(2014-02-26, 07:38)spanktastic2120 Wrote: Using the code provided by @learningit ive done some more testing with Edgecast. Every video i tried that had a Limelight source had an unencrypted Edgecast source. AKA Edgecast works for every video that has a Limelight source. So this doesnt really help us at all. I've applied the changes to the appropriate file and uploaded it here. It would be great if everyone could give it a shot and see if they can find instances of Edgecast working when there is no Limelight source, or when Limelight fails (which doesnt seem to happen very often).

Great work, its working for me. No Hulu + no login using a DNS unblocker. I have to select the quality /cdn evry time but thats okay.
Not exactly sure how I copy files over from my mac to my xbmc on my AppleTV (I'll google to look for the commands), but I will definitely try this out when I get home. Really wanting my hulu+ back without commercials.
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17