• 102(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
(2014-03-06, 05:18)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2014-03-06, 02:12)Lunatixz Wrote: @spanktastic2120, Has the CDN issues been fixed? can you point me in the direction of the latest release including all patches?

The last patch was one to fix edgecast, sometimes it works and sometimes the stream is encrypted. For encrypted streams there is no solution. The other CDNs are limelight which always works and level3 which is using a version of authentication that has not been cracked and likely wont any time soon. But recently edgecast seems to have disappeared as a provider, which means the only working CDN now is limelight. So for videos that have a limelight source, all is well, no update or patch needed. For everything else we are reliant on the librtmp and rtmpdump people to crack the authentication method.

tl;dr: nope

thanks for the info
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Anybody have CC/Subs working with Free Hulu? Guide seem to state that it should work. But it does not for me. Thanks. Is Beta Hulu Required?
(2014-03-06, 22:49)gambitz Wrote: Anybody have CC/Subs working with Free Hulu? Guide seem to state that it should work. But it does not for me. Thanks. Is Beta Hulu Required?

It always works just fine for me, but they slowly get out of sync as the video plays so i never use them.

You just enable CC in the settings and then they show up automatically when you play the video. You might be trying to watch things that dont have subs?
I verified CC on the computer before playing on xbmc

are you paid or free?

What settings do you have? I have pre-rolled ads set to 0. What else do I need to set up? Thanks.
gambitz Wrote:are you paid or free?
free
gambitz Wrote:What settings do you have? I have pre-rolled ads set to 0. What else do I need to set up? Thanks.
# Uncheck "Network Pre-roll".
# Set Pre-Roll ads and Trailing ads to 0.
# Uncheck "Enable Commercial breaks".
# be sure Proxy is Unchecked. (only U.S.)

and of course "Enable Captions" on the streaming tab
Perfect, that worked! This is more clear! Thanks.

BTW, Subs worked fine until I pause/rewind/FF, then it goes out of sync. Hopefully this can get fixed at one point.
(2014-03-06, 02:02)gambitz Wrote: Trying the Hulu plugin for the first time and Hulu is working fine for me.

1. However the CC/Subtitle option is not working for me.

What I did is download/install the xbmcplus repository
Code:
https://home.no/xbmcplus/fusion/repository/repository.xbmcplus.xbmc-plugins-1.2.zip

and then downloaded the Hulu plugin from the available addons on the xbmc list.

I followed the FAQ on the first page, I put pre-rolled ads to zero (to disable it). I enabled CC. I put in my free login and enabled it.

Hi gambitz, Do you know which CDN/speed you are using to get it to work? Which XBMC; Frodo or Gotham? And, where are you located?
Thanks.
Hello. Most of the settings are on default.

quality: 720p 3200k (however being free all my videos are 480 I believe, I might be wrong).
CDN: Limelight

XBMC: Frodo
I'm in Canada, using VPN client on windows 7.

I noticed that the Hulu addon has some bugs. For example, the search gave me the failed plugin error.

I tried to watch one movie and it froze at the opening.

I noticed that its best if I add to queue on my computer then use the queue on Hulu addon would work the best instead of searching or selecting from channels.
Hulu has been working with and without Hulu+ enabled (and by working, I mean Hulu+ content plays for 1:30 before reloading because of the current CDN issue), but whenever I enable login and I try to start Hulu I get “Script failed! : plugin.video.hulu”. I've triple checked my login info. Can anyone give me some advice on the login issue I'm having?

http://pastebin.com/0Hbkgbp9

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
XBMC 12.3 Frodo
Hulu 3.4.8
(2014-03-10, 19:23)guttermonk Wrote: Hulu has been working with and without Hulu+ enabled (and by working, I mean Hulu+ content plays for 1:30 before reloading because of the current CDN issue), but whenever I enable login and I try to start Hulu I get “Script failed! : plugin.video.hulu”. I've triple checked my login info. Can anyone give me some advice on the login issue I'm having?

http://pastebin.com/0Hbkgbp9

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
XBMC 12.3 Frodo
Hulu 3.4.8

From your log
Quote: Error Contents: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
You are getting a 403, that means your username and password combination is not valid.

When hulu plus plays something for 1:30 thats usually because you dont actually have hulu plus and that is just the "plus preview" that hulu offers.
Thanks, Spanks! I'm in!! Sure enough, it was the pass. Fourth times the charm! Now if it wasn't for this level3 CDN...
(Excuse if this somehow double-posts. I thought I posted last night, but don't see my submission here or in any other search reesult).

I've been using Bluecop's Hulu with a free account for at least two years across Eden and Frodo. Never had problems.
It stopped working in last week. Login/queue is fine but playback just starts buffering forever a few seconds in.
Here's where it gets interesting....

At work yesterday I grabbed Gotham 13.0 beta 1 and the Hulu Beta. This combination worked just fine on a laptop
Went home and updated my HTPC with the same. No workie.
Fired up laptop at home. No workie.
So...I disconnected laptop from home network and used a 4GLTE cell connection. Works just fine.
Revert to home network connection changing nothing elsee and again fail.

Home internet is Fios and I'm US based.
Restarting router/modem/etc do not resolve.

I see only two explanations;
--- Either Hulu is somehow blocking my IP (any record of this happening to anyone?)
--- Or Fios is somehow blocking the stream (though Hulu streams fine via browser).

Here is my log from a "failed" playback. It looks like it tries to get more data and just never receives?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6318721/xbmc.log

Very interesting!!
(2014-03-11, 15:19)Knopfler Wrote: I see only two explanations;
--- Either Hulu is somehow blocking my IP (any record of this happening to anyone?)
--- Or Fios is somehow blocking the stream (though Hulu streams fine via browser).

Here is my log from a "failed" playback. It looks like it tries to get more data and just never receives?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6318721/xbmc.log

Very weird. I doubt hulu is blocking your IP since it looks like the handshake with the server happens without issue, because it is expecting to receive video/audio data. I also cant see how Fios could be blocking it since it works in your browser.

I would check to make sure you dont have anything on your home setup that could possibly block port 1935, which is what hulu uses to deliver the rtmp stream. That seems like the most likely cause. If you cant figure it out try uploading a full debug log for the community to look over, http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy
Seems that by divine intervention AKAMAI is BACK!!
(2014-03-11, 16:44)gjacov Wrote: Seems that by divine intervention AKAMAI is BACK!!

I checked a few shows and it looks like not only is it back, but its the only CDN.

I wonder if Hulu is done with their CDN changes or if this is just the beginning.
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17