• 125(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
I installed this add-on, but I get a script error whenever I try to play a video
(2014-07-26, 15:47)tenchu98 Wrote: I installed this add-on, but I get a script error whenever I try to play a video

READ.
Just got this email from Hulu. Any chance they've done some updates that will allow another run at this addon? Of course, I am making an assumption here that the changes to the terms of use are linked with other backend changes, perhaps not...

=================================================================================
Hi vijayk416,

It's been an exciting 2014 so far at Hulu! We're thrilled with the response to our Originals (like 'The Awesomes' and 'The Hotwives of Orlando') and have continued to acquire exciting content (like 'The Bridge' and 'Manhattan'). Throughout 2014 and in the years to come, we remain committed to providing the best user experience possible.

Hulu has grown exponentially in our user base and service offerings in the past few years. To best serve our valued users (including you!), we needed to update our Terms of Use.

Updates include:
• Expanding the description of the Hulu service to ensure that we include all technology through which you can use Hulu and Hulu Plus
• Incorporating the current options on your Account page
• Clarifying our mutual arbitration clause and providing you with additional rights to better assist you, should the need arise
• Updating our physical address since we moved to our new digs in Santa Monica, CA

These are the key highlights, and we encourage you to review the new Terms of Use in full at http://www.hulu.com/terms

Hulu's continued success would not be possible without users like you. If you have any questions regarding our updated Terms of Use, don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected]

Sincerely,
Your friends at Hulu
I got the email sunday. it looks like they they did the magic prevent class actions spell.

"providing you with additional rights to better assist you" means the exact opposite what they are saying really. It is assisting them in any conflict with a user. It binds you into some kind of arbitration instead of the legal system.

"As an exception to this arbitration agreement, Hulu is happy to give you the right to pursue in small claims court any claim that is within that court's jurisdiction as long as you proceed only on an individual basis."
BlueCop... will you be doing a new addon or just modding the current one? (based on your subscriber question)
(2014-08-15, 04:29)locoguano Wrote: BlueCop... will you be doing a new addon or just modding the current one? (based on your subscriber question)

Would be very interesting to know.
In what way is Hulu any different from all the TV channels which currently work with USTV VoD?

To ask it another way, how is PlayON able to handle Hulu when XBMC cannot? Do not they both use a similar screen capture technique?

I'm just trying to understand the technology a little better.

Thanks ~Jim
(2014-08-26, 05:31)jimt35126 Wrote: In what way is Hulu any different from all the TV channels which currently work with USTV VoD?

To ask it another way, how is PlayON able to handle Hulu when XBMC cannot? Do not they both use a similar screen capture technique?

I'm just trying to understand the technology a little better.

Thanks ~Jim

Hulu is better because it is an all in one source instead of having to check dozens of sites and keep up with code.
Hulu Plus is better because it has more episodes.
An addon is better than PlayOn because PlayOn uses screen capture (and has all the limitations that go with such an option) whereas a Hulu addon uses the actual video stream.
OK, thanks. That makes sense.

Most video streams are encrypted, right? Including ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, etc. And librtmp does the decrypting. If I understand everything I've read on this thread, then, the real problem is that librtmp cannot handle Hulu's encryption.

BlueCop is playing with a Hulu+ version. Does having a Hulu+ subscription somehow make it easier or even possible to decrypt the video stream? WIll librtmp still be used, or some other method?

Thanks ~Jim.
(2014-05-07, 04:57)jimt35126 Wrote: Gotham is a total bust as far as add-on compatibility goes...

i have 198 add ons all working in Gotham. Some add ons have not been updated and you just need a frodo install to add the add-on then simply copy the add-on over to your gotham add ons folder. rest have the maintenance add-on in hub and Xunity and they have the gotham fix
(2014-08-26, 15:54)jimt35126 Wrote: OK, thanks. That makes sense.

Most video streams are encrypted, right? Including ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, etc. And librtmp does the decrypting. If I understand everything I've read on this thread, then, the real problem is that librtmp cannot handle Hulu's encryption.

BlueCop is playing with a Hulu+ version. Does having a Hulu+ subscription somehow make it easier or even possible to decrypt the video stream? WIll librtmp still be used, or some other method?

Thanks ~Jim.
Being a pedant out of those listed only CBS uses rtmp the rest are hls which is decrypted via ffmpeg. We tend to have better luck now days with hls than rtmp.
Hi All

So a bit of a weird situation here.

I live in NZ, and as you know Hulu and the like is US only. However my ISP here has decided to offer everyone "global mode" haha which from what I can tell is a ISP wide VPN service (for free).

Basically it allows me to navigate and watch episodes on the likes of Hulu etc. With no other setting changes or anything (apparently they have done all the changes from their end).

Anyway, so I'm now very interested in Hulu and the like add-on's for XBMC (kodi). However when I install BlueCorp from the zip on this thread, It shows as blank in my XBMC, as in there are no add-on's listed?? Has this repository closed or something? Where can I get the Hulu add-on from?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Hulu is gone not working zip nada poof haha. It's unlikely hulu will work in Xbmc again. And blue cop I don't know about his repo but you can install the Xbmc plus repo that will get you ustv VOD and a few others. Honestly other then some older stuff hulu doesn't offer anything you can't get elsewhere in Xbmc.
Ah ok, that would explain it I guess, will be heading along to the USTV VOD thread then.

Thanks, someone should update the OP on this thread to this affect.
It's a long read I know
  • 125(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17