• 127(current)
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin
hulu FREE (NOT PLUS) in desktop mode in xbmc support was the best. it was awesome while it worked.

i wish we could somehow get the stream - after all it does play in a browser.

oh well!
So, if I'm reading the previous page correctly, Dunn1234 got this thing working again, posted associated instructions, and then removed them.

Did anyone get to try out (or save a copy of) those instructions?
There is a difference between the addon running and being able to play a video. I've done a bit of work on this addon in the past and I can pretty much assure you that just modifying the addon.xml and updating the dependencies will only allow the addon to display what Hulu offers. Getting it to play the videos is a whole different deal.
Yes, I recognize that difference and that addon.xml contains no functional code, just add-on metadata. I didn't get to read Dunn1234's instructions before he removed them, so I don't know what they described.

So are you saying that Dunn1234 simply got the addon to be recognized in Gotham by working through the compatibility issues in addon.xml? Or was it the case that he had video playback working?
(2014-09-24, 17:24)Dunn1234 Wrote: You really don't know how to talk to ppl I think. If your wanting info from someone you don't put them down in order to get your info you want. Not exactly the smart way of getting info. I have thick skin but online I can just simply log off and be done with it. That's in my control. Maybe why mods and admins give you the stick as you say is because of your rudeness. Anyways, back to the subject at hand, yes, editing the addon.xml file and updating those dependencies will make it work. I will post instructions later today once I get home. I no longer have the time now but I will share this evening when I get home. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot but maybe we can work it out. I really do like this forum but I will not stand for rudeness from no one. I can control that to some degree by logging off.

If that statement is true, I hold by what I said earlier and we shouldn't spend any more time on it.
Unless:
1) one of those updated dependencies is a librtmp that supports swf 2 or
2) Dunn1234 is bluecop, then I would amend it to say "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here".
Ah. I must have glossed over that statement (which you bolded). Now that you point it out I'm interpreting his progress the same way you are.

Thanks learningit.
(2014-09-28, 05:08)learningit Wrote: If that statement is true, I hold by what I said earlier and we shouldn't spend any more time on it.
Unless:
.. 2) Dunn1234 is bluecop, then I would amend it to say "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here".

Heh Heh.. That's well put.
Anyone know if the decrypt SMIL method still works? Stumbled upon this thread which appears to be the most active... I'm attempting to use the method from the addon to read the encrypted SMIL but it doesn't seem to work for me.
Yes it still works, but it depends on how you're requesting the SMIL. It works if you're using "select". If you're using "playlist", the decoding is different.
the hulu addon works or not Huh
i getting error 503
I honestly can't tell if the addon is supposed to work or not anymore. This thread is a bit too long.
I haven't checked back on this thread in a while, but I've had Hulu installed for a little over a year now. I still can't get videos to play, but editing the required dependencies in the addon.xml will allow you do install the add-on, be logged in, and access your queue. In the requirement section of the addon.xml, put this instead of what is there now.

<requires>
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
<import addon="script.module.beautifulsoup4" version="4.3.2"/>
<import addon="script.module.elementtree" version="1.2.8"/>
<import addon="script.module.cryptopy" version="1.2.6.2"/>
</requires>
Does anyone know where the source is, or could link me to it?
This still is a perfectly fine source of content and would be happy to have a go at it and see if I can come up with a fix.
Probably not since I'm not an experienced coder but now that I've done some basic python scripting you never know...
Also if it's on like github anyone can fork it and try to fix it.

The bluecoat repro seems dead and so is the google code page and such.
(2016-05-14, 10:26)Woppie Wrote: Does anyone know where the source is, or could link me to it?
This still is a perfectly fine source of content and would be happy to have a go at it and see if I can come up with a fix.
Probably not since I'm not an experienced coder but now that I've done some basic python scripting you never know...

The source is here: https://github.com/BlueCop/BlueCop-XBMC-...video.hulu

The reason it stopped working is because Hulu switched to using SWF Verification Type 2, which is not supported by rtmpdump (what xbmc/kodi uses to get swf/flash videos). The reason its not supported is because the way it works is unknown. Type 1 was cracked and thus able to be implemented into rtmpdump, but Type 2 remains a mystery. If you can crack Type 2 though youd be a hero.
(2016-05-14, 11:40)spanktastic2120 Wrote:
(2016-05-14, 10:26)Woppie Wrote: Does anyone know where the source is, or could link me to it?

The source is here: https://github.com/BlueCop/BlueCop-XBMC-...video.hulu

The reason it stopped working is because Hulu switched to using SWF Verification Type 2, which is not supported by rtmpdump (what xbmc/kodi uses to get swf/flash videos). The reason its not supported is because the way it works is unknown. Type 1 was cracked and thus able to be implemented into rtmpdump, but Type 2 remains a mystery. If you can crack Type 2 though youd be a hero.

At least this makes a nice project to get my coding skills up to spec a bit, something always worth doing.
The video thing might be more than I could chew but at least I now know what direction to look at, thanks!
  • 127(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin17