[SUPPORT] Hulu Video Plugin

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Votes - 4.18 Average
deepasadish Offline
hulu FREE (NOT PLUS) in desktop mode in xbmc support was the best. it was awesome while it worked.

i wish we could somehow get the stream - after all it does play in a browser.

oh well!
find quote
jjblues12 Offline
So, if I'm reading the previous page correctly, Dunn1234 got this thing working again, posted associated instructions, and then removed them.

Did anyone get to try out (or save a copy of) those instructions?
find quote
learningit Offline
There is a difference between the addon running and being able to play a video. I've done a bit of work on this addon in the past and I can pretty much assure you that just modifying the addon.xml and updating the dependencies will only allow the addon to display what Hulu offers. Getting it to play the videos is a whole different deal.

Link to my t1m/learningit XBMC Addons: [Image: HLVT8d8.png]
find quote
jjblues12 Offline
Yes, I recognize that difference and that addon.xml contains no functional code, just add-on metadata. I didn't get to read Dunn1234's instructions before he removed them, so I don't know what they described.

So are you saying that Dunn1234 simply got the addon to be recognized in Gotham by working through the compatibility issues in addon.xml? Or was it the case that he had video playback working?
find quote
learningit Offline
(2014-09-24 17:24)Dunn1234 Wrote:  You really don't know how to talk to ppl I think. If your wanting info from someone you don't put them down in order to get your info you want. Not exactly the smart way of getting info. I have thick skin but online I can just simply log off and be done with it. That's in my control. Maybe why mods and admins give you the stick as you say is because of your rudeness. Anyways, back to the subject at hand, yes, editing the addon.xml file and updating those dependencies will make it work. I will post instructions later today once I get home. I no longer have the time now but I will share this evening when I get home. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot but maybe we can work it out. I really do like this forum but I will not stand for rudeness from no one. I can control that to some degree by logging off.

If that statement is true, I hold by what I said earlier and we shouldn't spend any more time on it.
Unless:
1) one of those updated dependencies is a librtmp that supports swf 2 or
2) Dunn1234 is bluecop, then I would amend it to say "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here".

Link to my t1m/learningit XBMC Addons: [Image: HLVT8d8.png]
find quote
jjblues12 Offline
Ah. I must have glossed over that statement (which you bolded). Now that you point it out I'm interpreting his progress the same way you are.

Thanks learningit.
find quote
KonaHilo Offline
(2014-09-28 05:08)learningit Wrote:  If that statement is true, I hold by what I said earlier and we shouldn't spend any more time on it.
Unless:
.. 2) Dunn1234 is bluecop, then I would amend it to say "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here".

Heh Heh.. That's well put.
find quote