XBMC not detecting any shows manually
Sad 
I have two questions. Let me start with the smallest one (not in the title). What is the difference between exit and shutdown?

Now, for my main problem. I am trying to get XBMC to load episodes from the The Walking Dead series, but it simply refuses to do so. I first tried adding the folder with the episodes as instructed, ticking "single tv show" and entering "The Walking Dead" as title, but it did not seem to recognize the series.

As a result, I looked up the series on thetvdb.com and inserted the url of the page into tvshow.nfo along with the episodes. I also had to do that for another show (Community) and that worked. But, it's still not working.

I tried changing the filenames of the episodes to the most obvious format I can imagine, but it just refuses to accept them.

These are the files:

My "Set content" settings

Oh, it seems that it finally accepted that I indeed want to watch "The Walking Dead", but it's listing 0 episodes. Is the problem that I don't start with the first episode or what?

Edit: After renaming the directory the files are in and re-adding it again, it seems to work now. Still wondering about my first question though.
1. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Shutdown_Menu
had the same thing on my linux box
i had to manually add the shows
however, i got some from a friend and they auto added, im certain its due to the naming convention
kegobeer Wrote:1. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Shutdown_Menu

Well, it doesn't shut down my PC.
Overv Wrote:Well, it doesn't shut down my PC.

You need to set the action of the button in the system options first.
Ballistic Wrote:You need to set the action of the button in the system options first.

System settings, System, Power saving and set the "Shutdown function". The default is "Quit" and this just exits XBMC.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not detecting any shows manually0