Slow load movie list & NO add-on thumbs
http://pastebin.com/GGi4V9zC
SETUP
ATV2 - Latest
[mysql/SMB connected to Win 7 encrypted 1TB HDD over G WiFi]
[SMB on win7 requires password, which I don't have to utilize for ATV2 connectionHuh]

XBMC - latest (bet2) Confluence
[beta 2 on win7 and atv2]

ISSUE
1. MOVIES/STREAMS PLAY on ATV2, but movie list takes 20s to load(G WiFI) & 10s to load (WIRED) with 500 movies in smb DB
2. No thumbnails for Add-Ons (Program & Video add-ons)

FIXES
1. I have placed thumbnails locally on ATV2 (much faster thumb loading now)
1. I have tried all tricks found to speed up ATV2/mysql... [add mysql lines & change atv2 xbmc audio...]
2.Thumbs still don't show after re-installing them or changing skin
2.Verified the ICON.jpg's are in their respective add-on folders

QUESTIONS
1. Any clues as to why I may have loading speed issues?
Unlock my SMB? Change my mysql?

2. Any idea why my add-ons are missing thumbs?
add-ons installed AFTER beta 2 installed on ATV2

LOGS
http://pastebin.com/GGi4V9zC
I wouldnt worry much about the

22:56:10 T:122408960 NOTICE: Error: Languagefile Space invaders issues..

I just don't care about a game not working
Turn on debug logging (settings->system->debugging) and post the debug log.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

XBMC.log

syslog

mediaserverd_2012-01-25-214353_Apple-TV.plist

BTServer_2012-01-25-214352_Apple-TV.plist

installed.plist

LatestCrash.plist

LatestCrash-mediaserverd.plist
You scraped the media from the pc then copied the thumbnails from it to the atv2 and then changed the permissions?

There is not much point in using MySQL if you don't store the thumbnails in one location. The two versions of xbmc will not stay in sync because it won't be able to find thumbnails for media the other device has scanned.
I have changed the advanced setting(removed the path change for thumbs) on my ATV2, so now I have it scraping for its own thumbnails and store it locally. [copy pasting thumbs was stupid. had to clear DB]

I have notices a great increase in thumb/fanart loading speed after I did this.(thumb browsing is still choppy, and fanart takes 2s to load, but it is better than SMB which took longer)

Also, my movie list is now loading in ~4-5 s (wired) with local thumbs as opposed to 10 s with SMB thumbs...

I need mysql to share my movies. Can't store those on my ATV2...

If my logic is wrong, then please rip me a good one!

Apple-TV:~ root# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/disk0s1s1 569M 509M 55M 91% /
devfs 26K 26K 0 100% /dev
/dev/disk0s1s2 6.9G 1018M 5.9G 15% /private/var
The idea of using mysql is that the library database is shared between installs. that way if you add media on one machine it is available to all. This includes thumbnails play position and watched status. Unless the thumbnails and fanart are stored in a central location - available to all - this will not work.

You do not need a sql server to share media. It just means that each device needs to scrape its data separately. Unless you have heaps of devices or a truly massive collection it should not be needed and as you have noticed it is substantially slower than running the database locally.

There is no need to store movies locally unless you want to use the atv without any network or servers.

You logfile had a staggering number of messages where it is failing to get thumbnails.

If you don't need a sql database just delete the thumbnails and database, restart xbmc and rescrape for a simple install - that works.
I highly appreciate the advice!

Wait, so.. I dont need the advanced settings.xml? That was only for sharing thumbs?
Delete it unless you want to change something
This worked... Also I had to change the permissions on the thumbnail folders to MOBILE because it read ROOT

THANKS FOR HELP

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow load movie list & NO add-on thumbs0