external player
hi,
I just tried the remote, and it's fantastic. my only problem is i use an mpc-hc as an external player for movies, so when i open a video, i cant use the remote anymore. is it possible to make the remote control the external player when a video is playing?
What do you mean by an external player? Could you elaborate a little more please?
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
When i open a movie file, it is not played by the standard xbmc dvdplayer, but another program. in my case, this program is mpc-hc.
here's a wiki that shows how to get it working: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...a_playback
and here's the original forum thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...nal+player
so... not a chance? is it possible than to browse my XBMC library with XBMC remote, and when a movie starts playing, make it automatically start Gmote?
what does mpc-hc do that XBMC doesn't ?
uses directshow filters (needed for GPU acceleration for example) and shaders. many people use it on windows systems.
So if I understand this correctly, when you press "Play", media player classic is executed? If that's the case we would have to implement a second remote control API for MPC if there's an API available anyway. The show-stopper is probably that we don't even know whether an external player is used in the first place.

On the other hand we could just launch Gmote instead of "Now playing" after launching a movie (configurable via preferences of course). However, that seems a pretty specific scenario to me since you'll need to have the Gmote server backend installed as well.

Does anyone else have a similar setup? Otherwise I suggest you create a ticket on the issue tracker and we'll see how many votes it gets.

P.S.: AFAIK XBMC for Windows supports GPU acceleration as well since a few weeks back.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Hi there. I too am in need of external player functionality. This is due to my use of the stereoscopic player as a means of playing 3D movies as sbs or left/right config. And due to my use of arcsoft tmt as blu ray disc and iso playback. Basically I need to be able to control the movie playback with the remote. Is there any way to do this?
Chiaki Wrote:Hi there. I too am in need of external player functionality. This is due to my use of the stereoscopic player as a means of playing 3D movies as sbs or left/right config. And due to my use of arcsoft tmt as blu ray disc and iso playback. Basically I need to be able to control the movie playback with the remote. Is there any way to do this?

Zero chance. Add in MPC-HC as the original poster asked for and now you have three different external players, which likely don't have the interfaces necessary to "talk" with an HTTP interface like XBMC has.

And as Freezy said so long ago - how would the app know what external player happens to be executing at any given time?

You're better off to drop the external players for bluray - XBMC has been unofficially patched to allow DTS-MA and TrueHD without an external player now.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I need the stereoscopic player DEFINETELY for playback of left/right 3D-files and afaik XBMC Eden doesn't playback 3D-BluRays correctly or does it? If not I still need my TMT5.
Furthermore: When I try to playback a 3D-BluRay as 2D (which works in XBMC) the movie seems to always crash as soon as the first container-file is done and the next shall be played (i.e. always crashes at 2 hours playtime).
Seems like I need to stick with Gmote and use keymaps... sad.
I use TMT5 for 3D too and there's no remote api that i can found Sad so no way on this part.

I've just checked stereoscopic player too and also can't find any api to remote control it.

So with this app or any other seems no choice than using things like gmote.
Perhaps it would be possible to at least make an option to automatically activate Gmote as soon as ANY external player is activated via XBMC. This way we would be able to enjoy the XBMC media files functions and the use of a keyboard and touchpad from Gmote!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
external player0