• 18(current)
[RELEASE] Advanced Wake On Lan (WOL) Addon - Wake up a remote computer/server
(2024-01-21, 15:08)_BJ1 Wrote: Maybe you have set a wrong name for your NAS's?...
No, the Network Names (not using IP Adress here) are complete and accurate.
Could it be i need to tweak the ping time and response settings of the Add-on, to allow smooth communication between the Add-on and the device? Do you happen to have any suggestions what settings work well when you want to wake up 2 QNAP + 1 Syno NAS??
Kodi 20.2 (for Windows) on Win11 HTPC
ZDMC 20.2 on Zidoo UHD3000
Set IP instead the name for the false negative NAS and test again.
(2024-01-21, 15:25)Reelyator Wrote: Do you happen to have any suggestions what settings work well when you want to wake up 2 QNAP + 1 Syno NAS??

You can set the Ping Timeout for host-up check to the maximum value because this will be aborted if all devices has responded to the ping. The delay of the host up notification depends on your devices. This has to applied to the device with the largest delay between power-on and the complete working/ready state.
(2024-01-21, 16:06)_BJ1 Wrote: Set IP instead the name for the false negative NAS and test again....
..using IP-Adress instead of Network-Names seems to be leading to more stable results. At least no more false negative error messages about devices not waking up.
Need to check over the next days how the messages appear, when the NAS are in fact woken up from Standby.
(2024-01-21, 16:06)_BJ1 Wrote: You can set the Ping Timeout for host-up check to the maximum value because this will be aborted if all devices has responded to the ping. The delay of the host up notification depends on your devices. This has to applied to the device with the largest delay between power-on and the complete working/ready state.
...i have set both values to Maximum.
The 240 s countdown stops in fact when all devices are found online.

Not sure if the 60 s host up notification delay will be enough. From trying out, the QNAP NAS´s need 2-3 minutes from power button to ready, clearly over 60 s.
(2024-01-21, 22:32)Reelyator Wrote: Not sure if the 60 s host up notification delay will be enough. From trying out, the QNAP NAS´s need 2-3 minutes from power button to ready, clearly over 60 s.

I extend this to 300 secs.
Where Do I find the option for "Sending continous wake on lan" after the device is up? I mean, wake on lan works and it brings up my device but my device falls asleep after a while, since there is no kind of keep alive signal anymore, like in previous version of advanced wake on lan. Have Expert Mode activated but can't find that option anymore. Any suggestions?
Sending continous WOL Packets through the network is not a good software solution, therefore this option has removed. For your use case you have to enable the option "Autostart" --> "Wake on return from Standby". This will send WOL Packets after suspend. Please note that sending WOL continous is not a "keep alive" signal, WOL is adressed to the MAC of your server nic(s) attempt to activate/boot up the hardware behind.

There's a new version out that works properly after standby.
Thanks BJ.
Had a self programmed software running on my server, which keeps the server alive as long as a wol signal has been received from time to time.
But I understand as well, that sending wol all the time is not a good solution.
Unfortunately my Nvidia shield, where Kodi is running is kind of online all the time. Even if I switch it into sleep mode, it still is pingable. Hence I can't figure out, if the shield is on or not.
Have thought about monitoring network traffic or hard disc drive activity at my server as kind of "if traffic on network card or hard disc, then someone needs something from the server" but also this seems not a reliable solution.

How about configuring a network path into Your plugin and instead of continous sending wol it writes (touch) a file. If file is not updated since e. g. 5 minutes, then Kodi is not running anymore. And everyone who want to use it, can read the file age and I could shutdown my server after 5 minutes later.
4.0.4 is up: italian language strings added.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Advanced Wake On Lan (WOL) Addon - Wake up a remote computer/server1