• 10(current)
[RELEASE] Advanced Wake On Lan (WOL) Addon - Wake up a remote computer/server
(2013-02-09, 12:35)TRaSH Wrote: shouldn't this add-on also update the video/music library when the server is active ?
i already had my server up and running,
started XBMC and it activates the WOL and there's a short library scan but it doesn't see my new added files.
when i force/manually do a update library it does find the newly added stuff

(2013-03-12, 12:43)hightow Wrote: I would like to see a delay setting for when to update the libraries, otherwise I have to do a manual update afterwards.

(2013-04-30, 08:16)anarchoi Wrote: My problem is that the NAS sends the ping before the filesystem is fully ready. Once it is in the middle of the boot XBMC receives the ping and think the NAS is ready so it opens the movie folder... But it takes another 30 seconds before the file system is fully ready

(2013-05-25, 03:05)thorin33 Wrote: I am using this add-on in Openelec v3.02 and it works great for waking up my WHS server. However I am seeing issues with the library scan. It scans movies just fine but seems to hang on the TV scan. The progress bar never seems to complete. I manually stop the scan. If I perform a manual scan afterwards, it works. This only happens if the server is in standby. If the server is already active, the library scan works.

i've just created a v.1.2.3 of AWOL, which adds the possiblility to delay the library scans. i hope this solves the problems of you guys.

you can can download this version here. could you please provide some feedback, if this works for you? if it does, i will submit it to the official repository.
Thanks for the quick reply. I will download and test for sure. Funny thing is that this morning everything worked just fine. I'll keep using 1.2.2 for a few days to see if it still working and report back.
I installed 1.2.3 and the library scan only seems to work sporadically. I tried a few reboots but it does not always want to run the library scan. When it did work, it does honour the time delay.
Please can someone tell me how i can give xbmc (xbmcbuntu) root rights to use this script with hostup-check via ping? Thank you
I think it works now for me.
What I also did in the settings of xbmc.
Disable the library update at startup.
Because the plug in does it when your network is alive.
Perhaps it had issues because the scan was running when the add-on wants to start the scan.
Till now it picks up newly added stuff.
What it didn't do in first when I started xbmc.
It used only to work the second time when I manually forced a update.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Why when I run some other XBMC Program add-ons does the Advanced WOL add-on keep popping up the notification saying Waiting for WHS to wake up....

Thanks

(2013-03-19, 15:18)keisuji Wrote: Hi i using mysql to share my video libraries and the script does only work if you using only local databases.
So if i using the advanced settings file with the mysql connection xbmc stop and hangs here"14:20:18 T:3352 NOTICE: Running database version Textures13"
and the awol script get executed later is there a way the script gets executed before running the database??

I've got a similar issue I am also using MYSQL on my WHS server, the server is set to sleep when no HTPCs are active. If I set the HTPC to sleep, when I turn on the HTPC (resume from sleep), XBMC will launch and the WOL add-on will send the magic packet to the server OK to wake it up.

However if I set the HTPC to S5 shutdown instead of sleep and if the WHS server is asleep, when I power on the HTPC from shutdown XBMC does not start and I just get a black screen, in this case I have to manually turn on the WHS and then eventually the black screen on the HTPC will disappear and XBMC will load when the WHS is up and running.

The only way I can see a work around is if a magic packet was sent lower in the startup process of Ubuntu before XBMC is even loaded but not sure how to set that up.
(2013-05-27, 22:26)MasterMarkus Wrote: Please can someone tell me how i can give xbmc (xbmcbuntu) root rights to use this script with hostup-check via ping? Thank you

I would like to know how to do this also, I am using Ubuntu 12.10 minimal.

Thanks.
I am also seeing the behviour where the AWOL runs when another add-in is started. Is there a way to have it only run on startup?
I run openelec and tvheadend on one pc and have just started using the standby option when the pc is idle. I have now started using xbmc on a tablet and this addon works great for waking up the pc. My issue is that the pc will go sleep if xbmc or tvheadend on it are idle for 10 minutes (which is what i want) but what i would like to happen is for as long as xbmc is running on the tablet it keeps it awake on the pc. Anyone if its possible to do this (like awol somehow reseting the shutdown timer)?. The continuous wake on lan option does not keep the pc awake.
Have a look at these:

https://github.com/bluecube/service.inhibit_shutdown

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid=1253236
cheers, much appreciated, will check those out
I would like to request the ability to add a delay before the video and music update is fired off.

Sometimes the scan is going when the drives are still spinning up. And as is the case with music, if you update your library and the music source is not yet awake it will remove files on update.

I hate that behavior but thats how xbmc has it, so it would be nice if we could delay the update process so it wont update for a certain time giving the drives time to wake up
(2013-06-24, 07:45)Ghostdivision Wrote: I would like to request the ability to add a delay before the video and music update is fired off.

i've actually added this feature already with v.1.2.3 of AWOL, which adds the possiblility to delay the library scans. you can can download this version here. it's not yet available in the official repository. could you please try this version and provide some feedback, if this works for you?
I will give it a try, will report back if i see my music library missing songs, but i am guessing it will work nicely.
Hmm im having errors with this latest version i did not previously have. My small server is awake currently when im testing but it was never an issue with the prior version, but its throwing out script failed or script error.

20:30:20 T:1224 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'float' objects
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\xbmc-script.advanced.wol-master\autostart.py", line 25, in <module>
print "script.advanced.wol: Start WOL script after return from standby (Standby took "+time.time()-previousTime+" sec.)"
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'float' objects
-->End of Python script error report<--
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Advanced Wake On Lan (WOL) Addon - Wake up a remote computer/server1