• 9(current)
[RELEASE] Advanced Wake On Lan (WOL) Addon - Wake up a remote computer/server
the once that says 'Waking up 192.168.1.121...' etc

it tells you it's attempting to wake up the remote pc. it happens at the start of xbmc ( i have set it to do that) but then it repeats it a couple of times at random intervals.
(2013-02-19, 19:11)johnmerrick Wrote: the once that says 'Waking up 192.168.1.121...' etc

it tells you it's attempting to wake up the remote pc. it happens at the start of xbmc ( i have set it to do that) but then it repeats it a couple of times at random intervals.

log

this is my log (not a debug). it says the addon is trying to wake the pc after standby which isn't happening at all!

i have sat and watched it!
I saw a request for this before but could not find a response but is it possible to add something related to the screen saver. Either a WOL when returning from screen saver, or, even better, restricting the continuous WOL packets to only running when the screen saver is not on (that would be my preference). I've got a couple of raspberry pi's and other low power things that don't shut down or go into standby so I can't use the return from stand-by option.
Works like a charm.

I would like to see a delay setting for when to update the libraries, otherwise I have to do a manual update afterwards.
hi, i've got the setup nearly correct I think, my HDD is connected to my router, so I'm pinging the router but it doesn't wake up the drive, currently its set to 10.0.1.1 and it reports its worked but do I need to add anything after that? say like the HDD name?
Hello!

This add-on works perfectly form my raspberry pi to wake my downstairs PC whenever I invoke the program. My downstairs PC runs a mediaportal TV server, so I need it on to watch live or recorded TV. I also need it on to record TV at all... and the dumb motherboard BIOS doesn't support scheduled boot times.

Therefore, I was hoping to have my raspberry pi (which is always on) automatically send a WOL packet every day at 6 PM? Is there any way to schedule this?

Thanks!
(2013-03-17, 23:40)skiboysteve Wrote: Therefore, I was hoping to have my raspberry pi (which is always on) automatically send a WOL packet every day at 6 PM? Is there any way to schedule this?

I don't think there's a way to do that with the AWOL add-on, but you might be able to do it via a cron job on your Pi that sends a WOL magic packet to your server at the appointed time. This will have to be done from your OS and you'll need a WOL utility.
(2013-03-18, 00:31)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-03-17, 23:40)skiboysteve Wrote: Therefore, I was hoping to have my raspberry pi (which is always on) automatically send a WOL packet every day at 6 PM? Is there any way to schedule this?

I don't think there's a way to do that with the AWOL add-on, but you might be able to do it via a cron job on your Pi that sends a WOL magic packet to your server at the appointed time. This will have to be done from your OS and you'll need a WOL utility.

darn. I'm very much a novice with the pi and Linux in general. This add on has a command line interface right? Any way to invoke that on a schedule?

thanks for any help (both the author of the add on and atrafael)!
IIRC, the add-on has options to send the WOL magic packet at XBMC startup, upon resume from suspend, and at regular continuous intervals... but not at a specified time. Sure, you can write a Python script to launch an add-on, but XBMC needs to be running at the time and you'd still need a cron job to schedule the execution of the Python script. Might as well stick with Plan A and have the cron job simply execute a WOL utility and dispense with the Python script or keeping XBMC running.
Well I always have xbmc running... But yes I agree. Good advice. I'll set up a cron job to call the utility directly

thanks!
Hi i using mysql to share my video libraries and the script does only work if you using only local databases.
So if i using the advanced settings file with the mysql connection xbmc stop and hangs here"14:20:18 T:3352 NOTICE: Running database version Textures13"
and the awol script get executed later is there a way the script gets executed before running the database??
This favorite isn't working. What did i do wrong ?
Quote: <favourite name="Serveur">RunScript(&quot;script.advanced.wol&quot;192.168.2.10@00:22:3f:aa:2a:7f,ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;smb://FILMS-SERVEUR/Films-Serveur/FILMS DIVX/&quotWink,True)</favourite>

The wiki gives two examples - one for adding an additional command and the other for passing the MAC address to the script. I'm trying to do both !
(2013-04-14, 10:23)anarchoi Wrote: This favorite isn't working. What did i do wrong ?
Quote: <favourite name="Serveur">RunScript(&quot;script.advanced.wol&quot;192.168.2.10@00:22:3f:aa:2a:7f,ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;smb://FILMS-SERVEUR/Films-Serveur/FILMS DIVX/&quot;),True)</favourite>

The wiki gives two examples - one for adding an additional command and the other for passing the MAC address to the script. I'm trying to do both !

any help ?
Ok i fixed the problem in my last post but now i have another problem

Does anyone use this mod with Netgear ReadyNAS ?

I have a ReadyNAS Pro 4 and another ReadyNAS Ultra 4

I have configured the mod to wake the NAS then wait for the ping until opening the movies folder.

My problem is that the NAS sends the ping before the filesystem is fully ready. Once it is in the middle of the boot XBMC receives the ping and think the NAS is ready so it opens the movie folder... But it takes another 30 seconds before the file system is fully ready
I am using this add-on in Openelec v3.02 and it works great for waking up my WHS server. However I am seeing issues with the library scan. It scans movies just fine but seems to hang on the TV scan. The progress bar never seems to complete. I manually stop the scan. If I perform a manual scan afterwards, it works. This only happens if the server is in standby. If the server is already active, the library scan works.

Any ideas? I can try and post a log file. Just need to figure out how to get a log file.

TIA
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Advanced Wake On Lan (WOL) Addon - Wake up a remote computer/server1