• 13(current)
[RELEASE] Advanced Wake On Lan (WOL) Addon - Wake up a remote computer/server
(2013-12-03, 01:24)artrafael Wrote:
Code:
<favourites>
   : (Other favourites entries)
  <favourite name="Live TV or whatever">RunScript(&quot;script.advanced.wol&quot;,ActivateWindow(PVR),True)</favourite>
</favourites>

Thank you so much artrafael!

Works absolutely perfect bringing my final Ouya XBMC Tweaking to a finish! I appreciate your prompt reply. I owe you a cold one. Cool
(2013-12-03, 02:27)a_team Wrote: Works absolutely perfect bringing my final Ouya XBMC Tweaking to a finish! I appreciate your prompt reply. I owe you a cold one. Cool

Great, glad it to hear it's working for you! Not sure what part of Canada you're from, but I'll break out a La Fin du Monde to celebrate your success (as if I ever need an excuse/reason to do so). Smile
Hi Mandark, today I installed the WOL addon. I did the right configuration to wake-up my Synology NAS; I entered both MAC address and IP number of the NAS. After starting XBMC I see that the device is 'awake' according to the addon. But when I start browsing the filesystem on the NAS (eg. from the music or video menu), I have to wait for the NAS to become ready.

In the XBMC debug-log nothing special is mentioned from the WOL addon.
Can you give me some advise how to solve the problem: how to wakeup the Synology ?

Regards Michel
Does the addon work with the latest nighlty builds?
Any chance of starting advanced wol via script when opening a folder in XBMC? How can I assign a wol-script to a folder with mac of the server which should be wol'ed?

Kind regards
cU

xbmc4me
Hi
I have just installed xbmc on windows 8 for the first time and copied the userdata folder over from another win 7 installation (i have done this across a few win7 installs & the awol has been unaffected). It all works great but i get the ping admin error with this addon. Not had it before with windows. It doesn't really matter but it would be nice to get the positive message like my other installs! I am the admin but is it something to do with xbmc being launched as a user and not admin?
does the user also has admin right ?
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Yes it says

Alan
Local Account
Administrator
Password Protected
Has anyone found that the feature to enable a media update after the Server is awake no longer functions when using the Gotham final build...?

Even though the utility wakes up my server I find that the update to the video library will no longer occur even though I have selected that option. It worked fine in Frodo.
Is auto wake on lan not working in the actual release?
cU

xbmc4me
What was / is odd it that I need to enter the mac as:

XX-XX-XX etc .

Not with XX:XX:XX etc. no idea why ;(

And I need to run XBMC under Windows as admin, why? Or is there a way around it?
Thanks to this thread and the magnificent AWOL-Addon I managed to add 3 awol-entries to my favourites. Is there a possibility to call awol with different parameters? I have a NAS that wakes up in 60 sec and another that need 110 sec, so I'd like to pass these wait-times individually for the concerning mac-adresses.

Thanks a lot for your support.
cU

xbmc4me
Hi

I am trying to set this up so I can wake two servers. The first I can set up in the add-on settings dialogue but how can I get two servers to boot up when kodi starts as there is no where to enter more than one in the dialogue..
I tried setting up the second as a favorite but that doesn't seem to work and also requires additional steps after bootup.

Any help appreciated.
Kodi (OpenELEC) is running on RaspPi and the media is located on networked mac. Could this addon keep the mac awake while playing media and let it go to sleep if there's no traffic?

Edit: The problem seems to be related to NFS shares (http://kodi.wiki/view/NFS#My_Mac_goes_to..._NFS_share)
Hi not really solving any problems but after reading several post about this topic i thought a nice option to the WOL ad-don would be selecting to AllowIdleShutdown / InhibitIdleShutdown . I know there is a thread about this already with a script but for those who are to old (like myself) and have a hard enough time programming the VCR this would be helpfull.

I currently have a openelec server setup with tvheadend and the power save function enabled but unfortunately while i'm watching tv on the client machine the server will shutdown thinking that its idle
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Advanced Wake On Lan (WOL) Addon - Wake up a remote computer/server1