Need hosting advice for my remote program?
I posted on here about a program I was writing that allows you to custom build a gui that will allow control of almost any program over your network, including xbmc. My original post had temp images that were not mine to release so after many weeks of custom building buttons and images and a nice editor so you can build the gui using click and drag I am ready for beta testing. Using Gimp2 as an editor for images it is simple to build custom buttons and backgrounds to suit any need. It comes with a demo app that shows almost every function it is capable of doing. I have tested and tested the editor and the program over the last several weeks to get as many bugs out as possible.

The potential of this program is amazing. You can run it on any windows pc and send commands over your network to other instances of this program on other networked pcs. its designed and built for those who have a central media pc and would like to control it from any pc in the house. I have mine running on an acer revo with a 9inch usb DoubleSight touchscreen in my kitchen. this allows me to control all my xbmc installs on the 3 other pcs hooked to tvs on my network. It also controls pandora and itunes so I can skip songs and pause from any pc it is running on.

It uses xml files for the entire look and feel and can be as simple as a 10 button remote or an entire custom remote to control your whole house entertainment system and anything running on a windows based PC. The more I worked on it the more I realised how complicated the xml files got and the amount of errors that easily happen when you edit with a text editor so I build a GUI editor to build the programs.

I am to the point that I am building the webpage to show the program and host it but need advice on hosting. I am looking for a cheap host that will give me enough bandwidth to share the program and possible multiple downloads of user created buttons and remotes.

As far as xbmc it will display any movies, music, and playlists from any xbmc running on your network and allows you to play them and control xbmc from any other pc in your network.

Thanks in advanced for any hosting advice!
Hi Jimk72,

I have a small hosing project.
zachspcsolutions.com

I have a really cheap $2/month plan that should work for your needs.

I'm sending you a pm...

sounds like a pretty sweet tool, i may have to check it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need hosting advice for my remote program?0