[RELEASE] Pakee (Video) Addon - Browse Pakistani media from around the web

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Votes - 3.73 Average
pakee Offline
Thanks...yes it makes sense to have the dramas sorted with the earliest episodes first. I have made the update so this is now the case. Please try it out now (there is no update to the plugin required to see the change)

However, for other type of shows (like talk shows/news shows etc) I have kept the original sort (latest episodes first), because I think most folks would want to find the latest episode easily.

At some point I will probably make this configurable through the settings but this should get you going for now.

Thanks for your feedback!
find quote
yacir Offline
pakee Wrote:Thanks...yes it makes sense to have the dramas sorted with the earliest episodes first. I have made the update so this is now the case. Please try it out now (there is no update to the plugin required to see the change)

However, for other type of shows (like talk shows/news shows etc) I have kept the original sort (latest episodes first), because I think most folks would want to find the latest episode easily.

At some point I will probably make this configurable through the settings but this should get you going for now.

Thanks for your feedback!

yes, that makes perfect sense what you said.
for other TV shows (political talk shows etc), it is desirable to get latest at the top ... completely agree with you ... and thanks for the kind responses and a great plugin!

i have one question though.
i have been trying to get the URL out of server side playlist (.wsx) file, but i am not able to get the actual stream.
i tried VLC, but i gives me 'mmsh' protocol, which i am not able to pley through xbmc.

do you have any way to get stream out of wsx
for example : check the URL in embedded mplayer on this page
http://www.idesitv.com/arydigital.html
find quote
pakee Offline
Thanks for supporting the project. About your question: I am no expert on playing streams in XBMC but it seems like others have also tried the same but didn't get much further:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33901

Maybe you can ask your question in that thread (although I suspect idesitv.com and desitvstreams.com are pulling the stream from the same source).

If you do manage to figure it out, let me know ...it would be interesting to see how it is done!
find quote
yacir Offline
pakee Wrote:Thanks for supporting the project. About your question: I am no expert on playing streams in XBMC but it seems like others have also tried the same but didn't get much further:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33901

Maybe you can ask your question in that thread (although I suspect idesitv.com and desitvstreams.com are pulling the stream from the same source).

If you do manage to figure it out, let me know ...it would be interesting to see how it is done!

yes, i did started the thread earlier sometime ... but nobody responded.
anyhow, if i ever get it working, i will let you know.

however, i have managed to play paki streams that uses rtmp protocol.
if you want, i can share those with you.

btw, here it is , if you want:
http://pastebin.com/2YNGx8sV
(This post was last modified: 2012-02-13 20:22 by yacir.)
find quote
pakee Offline
Thanks for sharing. I think there is a great addon (LiveStream) where people have collected live stream links from all over the world. Have you already had them added there? (I see at least a few of them there already)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97116
find quote
yacir Offline
pakee Wrote:Thanks for sharing. I think there is a great addon (LiveStream) where people have collected live stream links from all over the world. Have you already had them added there? (I see at least a few of them there already)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97116

yes, i am using the same add-on. but you have to get the stream that you can add into that add-on. The xml file i sent above is what i use in the same add-on (livestrea)
find quote
pakee Offline
I can copy these list of streaming links directly into the pakee addon but I had a better idea:

Why don't you submit this pastebin url on the livestreams thread so all the links get added to list of community urls? Once divingmule puts the stream links up on his community-links page, they can be maintained by the whole community moving forward (i.e. anyone can have new links added or old ones removed)

Once that is done, I can add a live stream section in the pakee addon and when a user selects it, at runtime I can pick up the latest working PK stream links directly from this page and display them. This way the user always gets the latest set of urls.

What do you think?
find quote
yacir Offline
pakee Wrote:I can copy these list of streaming links directly into the pakee addon but I had a better idea:

Why don't you submit this pastebin url on the livestreams thread so all the links get added to list of community urls? Once divingmule puts the stream links up on his community-links page, they can be maintained by the whole community moving forward (i.e. anyone can have new links added or old ones removed)

Once that is done, I can add a live stream section in the pakee addon and when a user selects it, at runtime I can pick up the latest working PK stream links directly from this page and display them. This way the user always gets the latest set of urls.

What do you think?

yes, that is a good idea. but the problem is that these links are not reliable. i found live streaming sites and gather the links and modify them to be playable in xbmc. however, these streaming sites go offline very often...not so reliable.
find quote
pakee Offline
Yes it seems that is the case. Out of the links you sent, the below don't work
http://pastebin.com/rit0yhnU

Another advantage of having the set of links stored in the community-links is that they have some automated checking for all the links, and then they prefix the titles of the ones that work with '+' e.g.
<title>+ PK \ Dawn News</title>
find quote
yacir Offline
pakee Wrote:Yes it seems that is the case. Out of the links you sent, the below don't work
http://pastebin.com/rit0yhnU

Another advantage of having the set of links stored in the community-links is that they have some automated checking for all the links, and then they prefix the titles of the ones that work with '+' e.g.
<title>+ PK \ Dawn News</title>

ok, i have updated my XML file, and most of them are working
I also requested it to be addd to community-link.

http://pastebin.com/bs7VMhAt
find quote
pakee Offline
Thanks! Couple of things:
-you need to replace all & with &amp; to get XBMC to open the xml file
-I tried your new list and it seems its the same ones from before that work. For example I can't get these to work: Hum, ARY, ARY music, Geo News, MTA, Rohi, Kawish. Also the high quality Dunya channel starts up but dies after a few seconds. Do they work for you?
find quote
thuglifesk Offline
will these new links automatically be added to the Pakee addon? or do I have reinstall the video addon?
find quote
pakee Offline
Yes you will see the live stream section when the plugin updates itself to 1.0.4. If it hasn't already updated itself, you can force an update using the context menu (by right clicking and check for updates).

Again, these links are pulled by finding all the 'working' pakistani links (i.e. whose title starting with "+ PK \ ") from the LiveStreams community links

To get any streams added or removed please post under the LiveStreams thread
find quote
yacir Offline
pakee Wrote:Thanks! Couple of things:
-you need to replace all & with &amp; to get XBMC to open the xml file
-I tried your new list and it seems its the same ones from before that work. For example I can't get these to work: Hum, ARY, ARY music, Geo News, MTA, Rohi, Kawish. Also the high quality Dunya channel starts up but dies after a few seconds. Do they work for you?

really.... i didnt nees to replace & with &amp
can you please give specific example where the link was not working, and started to work if you change it

HUM, ARY and Geo news is working on my side. Geo entertainment was working before but seems it is offline now. like i said, these are just the links i found from various sites, so no guarantee that the stay online.
(This post was last modified: 2012-02-16 19:38 by yacir.)
find quote
thuglifesk Offline
i was only able to get the news to work (PTV, GEO). I was not able to GEO or ARY to work. Im not sure if it has something to do with the additions that pakee is talking about. Try to edit the links and they may start working!
find quote