[RELEASE] Pakee (Video) Addon - Browse Pakistani media from around the web

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Votes - 3.73 Average
pakee Offline
Actually the issue isn't that a particular link doesn't work because of the &, the problem is that while reading an RSS feed (ie xml file) containing a list of these links, XBMC XML parser will give an error and won't even show you the list of streams...as mentioned on the LiveStream thread's front page

If you check the community page and search for &, you will see the same thing, they have all been escaped to &

The final stream link that gets passed to the XBMC player will have been replaced back to &
find quote
yacir Offline
pakee Wrote:Actually the issue isn't that a particular link doesn't work because of the &, the problem is that while reading an RSS feed (ie xml file) containing a list of these links, XBMC XML parser will give an error and won't even show you the list of streams...as mentioned on the LiveStream thread's front page

If you check the community page and search for &, you will see the same thing, they have all been escaped to &

The final stream link that gets passed to the XBMC player will have been replaced back to &

well, i dont get the parsing issue wih & sign. I used it in both XBMC on windows as well as on ATV2.
anyhow good to know ... if in future, i got any such issue, that would be my first remedy to test Smile
find quote
yacir Offline
thuglifesk Wrote:i was only able to get the news to work (PTV, GEO). I was not able to GEO or ARY to work. Im not sure if it has something to do with the additions that pakee is talking about. Try to edit the links and they may start working!

ARY is working for me.
<item>
<title>ARY Digital</title>
<link>rtmp://109.163.231.53:1735/vod playpath=yoyo780_4tmm733 swfUrl=http://109.163.226.19/layerrrr.swf pageUrl=http://www.247hd.net/embed.php?c=10698&id=&width=600&height=480&autostart=true</link>
<thumbnail>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f3/ARY_Digital_Logo_2.png</thumbnail>
</item>

for GEO, i said in m previous comment that it was working , but somehow not any more
find quote
pakee Offline
Seems like divingmule's not maintaining the list with the non-english links...he has an alternate one for just good english links.

So for now, I am putting up the set of links that yacir sent me in the live streams section.

Yacir, which websites did you get the links from? Wanted to get a better understanding...do the links themselves change on the website? or you find new links from new websites? The reason I am asking is: if its the same set of websites, maybe we could just scrape the link from there..that way they will always be the latest links.

Btw, check out the new cricinfo section under 'Sports'..you can get latest scores and player/team profiles, news articles and photos.
find quote
yacir Offline
pakee Wrote:Seems like divingmule's not maintaining the list with the non-english links...he has an alternate one for just good english links.

So for now, I am putting up the set of links that yacir sent me in the live streams section.

Yacir, which websites did you get the links from? Wanted to get a better understanding...do the links themselves change on the website? or you find new links from new websites? The reason I am asking is: if its the same set of websites, maybe we could just scrape the link from there..that way they will always be the latest links.

Btw, check out the new cricinfo section under 'Sports'..you can get latest scores and player/team profiles, news articles and photos.

sorry bro for a late reply ...
Links ... no , not any specific site. i just surf the internet and find working links, and then update my xml locally...so not really a reliable way to get the steams working.

by the way, i updated my xmbc to Eden Beta 3, and getting error for your Add-on update. I have Version 1.0.4, and every time i start xbmc, it says Pakee failed to update. do you know it is compatibility issue? 1.0.5 is not compatible with Eden 3?
find quote
pakee Offline
Np..sure makes sense. Maybe we can maintain a list of these links somewhere online (in some online XML file eg a public file on dropbox or something)

Actually I am also running beta 3 and its working. But I remember in the past I had a similar issue. I think this issue may occur if you install the plugin manually from the zip and try to update it through the xbmc repository.

Can you try deleting the plugin.video.pakee dir (under %AppData%\xbmc\addons). Then reinstall it from within the xbmc app.

Let me know if it doesn't work...

Thanks!
find quote
yacir Offline
pakee Wrote:Np..sure makes sense. Maybe we can maintain a list of these links somewhere online (in some online XML file eg a public file on dropbox or something)

Actually I am also running beta 3 and its working. But I remember in the past I had a similar issue. I think this issue may occur if you install the plugin manually from the zip and try to update it through the xbmc repository.

Can you try deleting the plugin.video.pakee dir (under %AppData%\xbmc\addons). Then reinstall it from within the xbmc app.

Let me know if it doesn't work...

Thanks!

what is the latest version?
I am running 1.0.4, and it says update available.
but when I go there to get update, it also shows the updated version as 1.0.4
and your project site also have 1.0.4, not 1.0.5
find quote
pakee Offline
Latest version is 1.0.5 but looks like it's not able
to autoupdate. I think the steps I mentioened before should fix it. I haven't had a chance to upload the latest version on my site, but that's not where XBMC tries to update from.

Also if you send me the debug log output of what happpens when you try to update, I can check it
find quote
yacir Offline
pakee Wrote:Latest version is 1.0.5 but looks like it's not able
to autoupdate. I think the steps I mentioened before should fix it. I haven't had a chance to upload the latest version on my site, but that's not where XBMC tries to update from.

Also if you send me the debug log output of what happpens when you try to update, I can check it

does it tell you the issue?
http://pastebin.com/NDkqt0F9

strangely, xbmc notify that add-on updated successfully. but it is not!
At every startup it does say it, but the version still reads 1.0.4

btw, I did try the steps you mentioned earlier , but it does not do anything.
when i click get-Addon , it shows "downloading 0%" for a second, then disappears and nothing happens afterwards.

Edit : Finally managed to get it!
had some issues with my xbmc .. i deleted all the databases and recreated them.
now it got Pakee 1.0.5. ... and love the new Sport Section u added ... especially stuff about the Great IK!!! lol
(This post was last modified: 2012-02-26 23:13 by yacir.)
find quote
zubero Offline
PAKEE... good stuff bro !
Thanks a bunch !

I was trying to get some HINDI live channel on it as well. Any chance of you adding them?
find quote
yacir Offline
zubero Wrote:PAKEE... good stuff bro !
Thanks a bunch !

I was trying to get some HINDI live channel on it as well. Any chance of you adding them?

The "name of Add-on" says it all bro!
otherwise he would have to rename his Add-on lol
find quote
pakee Offline
yacir Wrote:does it tell you the issue?
http://pastebin.com/NDkqt0F9

strangely, xbmc notify that add-on updated successfully. but it is not!
At every startup it does say it, but the version still reads 1.0.4

btw, I did try the steps you mentioned earlier , but it does not do anything.
when i click get-Addon , it shows "downloading 0%" for a second, then disappears and nothing happens afterwards.

Edit : Finally managed to get it!
had some issues with my xbmc .. i deleted all the databases and recreated them.
now it got Pakee 1.0.5. ... and love the new Sport Section u added ... especially stuff about the Great IK!!! lol

From the log you sent it, not sure why but seems like it was trying to access version 1.0.4 from the xbmc servers at mirrors.xbmc.org. Since XBMC only keeps the latest version, it could not find it. I had a similar issue on my ipad when I was trying to update the plugin after I had originally installed it manually via zip file. Deleting the plugin dir resolved the issue for me, so I thought you might be encountering something similar.

Smile Actually the Sports section was always there...I just added the cricinfo section. Thanks!
find quote
pakee Offline
zubero Wrote:PAKEE... good stuff bro !
Thanks a bunch !

Thanks for the feedback! I am not actively looking for streaming links to add as they as were unreliable. Actually even for the Pakistani ones I have up, yacir provided me the links and I just put them up. Have you tried the two below plugins for hindi channels:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=97116
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=115583

Do you already have a set of links? I can add the capability where users can add their own list of links, but I think the LiveStreams plugin already allows user to do this.

Thanks!
find quote
pakee Offline
Hi guys,
I got a request to add some live streams from the below websites:
http://www.zonytv.com/geo-news-pakistan.html
http://www.saadtv.com/geo-news-live-geo-...online.htm

Can someone help with this? Whats the easiest way to figure out the rtmp stream link and parameters from a stream on website? If someone can point me to some docs/tutorials on this, I can also try

Thanks!
find quote
roadie Offline
How do i get geo etc to work?
Pakee- I think you may need to make a request thread
find quote