Smart Playlist Oder by Title
Order by Title sorts by title, not sorttitle. While not a problem if you are viewing the playlist directly (using sort by name), it presents a problem if you use the playlist in a script (PseudoTV).

I searched but could not find the discrepancy discussed.
If you nut out the relevant SQL for sorting by the suitable combination of field A and field B (should be something like choose field A if it's non-empty, else use field B) then we can hook it up.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:If you nut out the relevant SQL for sorting by the suitable combination of field A and field B (should be something like choose field A if it's non-empty, else use field B) then we can hook it up.

In MySQL:

select if(c10='',c00,c10) sorttitle from movie order by if(c10='',c00,c10);

In SQLite3

select case when c10='' then c00 else c10 end sorttitle from movie order by case when c10='' then c00 else c10 end;

If you need me to add in the conditional replacement of articles (a, an, the), I can.
Thanks Smile I think the case statement should work on mysql as well?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

The docs seem to imply that it would but the case statement has two different forms in mysql. Neither seems to exactly match the form used in sqlite.
In that case I'll implement it for sqlite and ping firnsy to ensure that mysql is taken care of - will push to a branch in github in case you want to make some changes/test it out etc.

jmarshall Wrote:In that case I'll implement it for sqlite and ping firnsy to ensure that mysql is taken care of - will push to a branch in github in case you want to make some changes/test it out etc.

Thanks jmarshall. I try not to complain without offering a solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlist Oder by Title0