Eden b2 PlayerCoreFactory Problems
I updated from Dharma 10.1 to Eden b2 yesterday. After the upgrade I could no longer play Blurays or DVDs with my external player (TMT5). Here's the old playercorefactory.xml
Code:
<!--Dharma PlayerCoreFactoryRules -->
<rules action="prepend">
    <rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="TMT"/>
    <rule name="DVD" protocols="dvd" player="TMT"/>
    <rule name="DRMWMV" filetypes="wmv" player="Windows Media Player"/>
    <rule name="DRMM4V" filetypes="m4v" videoaspect="1.78" player="Quicktime Player" />
</rules>
This playercorefactory worked fine in Dharma. As I was poking around I saw that often the xml file used the singular protocol instead of protocols, so I changed it. I could then play DVDs and Blurays with TMT5. The problem was that XBMC passed everything to TMT. MP3s, AACs, all video files, and even strm files.

After a bunch of trial and error, I finally got a playercorefactory that works, but it kind of works through brute force.
Code:
<!--Eden PlayerCoreFactory Rules -->
<rules action="prepend">
    <rule name="DRMWMV" filetypes="wmv" player="Windows Media Player" />
    <rule name="DRMM4V" filetypes="m4v" videoaspect="1.78" player="Quicktime Player" />
    <rule name="Streaming" protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms" player="DVDPlayer" />
    <rule name="Video" filetypes="m4v|mp4|avi|mpg|mpeg" player="DVDPlayer"/>
    <rule name="Music" audio="true" player="PAPlayer" />
    <rule name="Discs" protocol="bd|dvd" player="TMT" />
</rules>
Basically I have to define every kind of video and audio I can think off and tell it what player to use. Then at the end I have the one for discs. Oh, and if I have the plural protocols in the last line, the discs don't play with TMT5. And if I use the singular protocol in the streaming line, the streaming files get passed to TMT5.

So, at the end of it, I have a working corefactoryplayer.xml, but it just seems wrong to me.

BTW, the first two are so I can play DRM'd Amazon and iTunes content by passing them to the correct player.
bumping because the problem still exists in Eden B3. From time to time something gets passed that XBMC doesn't seem to think is one of the streaming protocols (even though it is) and TMT gets launched.
I finally broke and and deleted every trace of XBMC from my system and reinstalled beta3 from scratch. I then added ONLY the following playercorefactory.xml:
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
  <player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
   <filename>C:\Users\HTPC\Documents\CustomApps\XBMCPlayDisc.exe</filename>
   <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
   <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
  </player>    
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
  <rule protocols="bd|dvd" player="Disc_Player"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

With the same result. TMT now plays every kind of media. Here's the pastebin of my debug log: http://pastebin.com/azQk7DSu

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden b2 PlayerCoreFactory Problems0