Too much important feature - 3D Subtitle for half SBS Movies
Ho guys, I am new member of Xbmc forum, I am researching best solution for media center,
I think on apple tv 2 running Xbmc or boxee box, to be honest I really prefer Xbmc, it is best of all media center software, but actually it not support 3d subtitle. Boxee box support HALF SBS OSD (OSD Menu and subtitle), it convert set subtitle to sbs video.

Everybody that have 3D TV and isnt from EUA need be able to loas 3d subtitle to watch 3d Movies, it can work 2 ways. Be able to load idx+sub 3d Subtitles format (it is converted from srt Subtitle on pc) and another way. (would be perfect): SBS OSD including Subtitle (like boxee work, if made this way, wont be necessary convert subtitle from art to idx+sub), if this feature be added, Xbmc will be more awesome that already is today.. I think that it's really too much important feature. Wait comments..

Thanks for all,
Felipe
what's a 3D TV ?
Why 4 times the same request ?

duplicate :
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121229
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121228
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121227
My name is Erier, Humf Erier
davilla Wrote:what's a 3D TV ?

That's one of those old, deep ones right? A not flat one?
i need to get one donated - for harden my opinion that all that 3d stuff is holy crap and only hurts our eyes... Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
This is all very amusing, but his request for proper subtitle support when viewing 3d movies is still valid.
Memphiz Wrote:i need to get one donated - for harden my opinion that all that 3d stuff is holy crap and only hurts our eyes... Smile

I was a sceptic too, until I tried the passive sets and Shocked I bought one Laugh

Uncharted 3 is incredible, wipe out is amazing, Battle Field is mind blowing... Movies on a passive sets are fantastic, no flicker, no xtalk and the 3D effects are cinema quality.

I find my sels literally "WOWing" out loud and having to pause the games at times to actually take in just how immersive these news sets are. I find my self literally busting out laughing in disbelief at how Insane these effects actually are in my environment... (at home, ps3, a whiskey, some snacks and in my comfy chair hooked up to my 7.2 setup = insanely great!

Have a shot, you'll love it... Don't just view a demo, ask to play your favourite game or watch your favourite movie (3D version) and you'll fall in love... I was honestly the biggest sceptic, and head of the "anti 3D party" until I tried these passive sets out, and then I ate a big lump of humble pie, emptied my bank account and got sucked into the grid Laugh
Im really against the whole way 3d is going i have reasons ok one is selfish

1) the technology is without any standard, different companies are using different tech, passive, active, polarised, colourised none of which are comptable with each other.
2) these glasses that are being pushed at you can damage your eyesight due to cheap materials being put in front of your eyes. Would you buy your child a £1 pair of sunglases i hope not, yet you are willing to wear them?
3) Why Glasses!! im blind in my right eye it doesn't work for me but the tech is there to do it glasses free please go that route.
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts
Home Clients ATV2, Ouya, Xubuntu and Windows 8 all 13.2
Moblie Clients SGS5 SG Note II and SG Tab S all 13.2
Dark Knight RT-AC66U merlins build

dizzyikea Wrote:3) Why Glasses!! im blind in my right eye it doesn't work for me but the tech is there to do it glasses free please go that route.

I can't even tell if you're joking or not. If you're blind on one eye you don't have 3d vision no matter what the tech is.
LOL i don't even know where to start with that post.

So people with one eye have no judgement of distance? how do i pick up a glass, know where my keyboard is or open a door?

I have perfect "3d" vision dont be such an idiot, if you close one eye do you stop seeing in "3d"
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts

You're talking about what's called monocular cues, 3d movies doesn't work like that. All types of 3d movie technology relies on you having two working eyes.
WoW Sialivi very very sorry for calling you an idiot, i am am 37 i lost my eye when i was 4. I was never aware of monocular cues i just didn't look into it as i assumed i was normal. You have opened my EYE to something i had no idea about which is both depressing and informative. Thank you

Now i want a transplant more than ever

No problem, at least you don't have to pull your hair out over whether or not to spend twice the money for a 3d tv over a regular one for an effect that is subtle at best Wink
I'll prob have to anyway for the family.
Again thou thanks for informing me are you also mono ocular?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Too much important feature - 3D Subtitle for half SBS Movies0