Smart Playlists & Audio Flags
Question 
I have searched, but couldn't seem to find an answer.

I am trying to create Smart Playlists which tally with the audio flags of my movies, eg:

I want a SPL with Movies that feature the DTS audio flag, same for Dolby 5.1 & Dolby 2.0.

I see there are two options I THINK? I could use, "Audio Channels" or "Audio Codec".

When I try to use "Audio Codec", if I enter AAC, AC-3, DTS or FFMPEG no results are found. If I enter ac3 it does work, insofar as it does bring up results, but a mix of DTS & Dolby.

I did have a look here, but it wasn't really helpful:
Wikipedia List of Codecs

I have tried to use "Audio Channels", but I'm not sure what it refers to, is it to the number of the audio track (1,2 or 3), or to the number of channels that there are on the source, ie DD 5.1 = 5.1, DD 2.0 = 2??

Any help is appreciated.

Steve
Hi,

Just checking if anyone had any ideas with the above, what are the codes/descriptions/naming convention used for the audio codec and/or andio channels, is there a list somewhere, or alternatively is there somewhere I can find out what my existing files flag up as, so I can use that in a search?

Thanks

Steve
Smile 
Ok, it took some working out, but I have solved it, so I thought I'd share what I found if anyone else has similar issues in the future (there's nothing like searching a forum, only to find people with the same problem, but no solution):

I wanted to create Smart Playlists based on the Audio of the film, be able to select Surround sound films as a whole, and narrow it down to DTS or Dolby 5.1, also on the flip side be able to identify what Stereo only films I have.

I now have four Smart Playlists:
1.Dolby 5.1 Films
2.DTS Films
3.Surround sound Films (DD & DTS)
4.Stereo only Films.
which I can select from my home screen like this:

To Create these SMs I used the AudioCodec & AudioChannels infolabels:

AudioCodec is the audio codec of the stream. e.g. mp3, aac, ac3, dca (which is dts). It took me a while to find out that dts is referenced as dca, why I don't know!!

Audiochannels is the number of channels in the stream. Can be 0 if there is no audio at all.

So currently have:
1. Dolby Digital 5.1 - Looking for -
Audio Channels - Greater than 3
Audio Codec - is not - DCA
All of the rules

2. DTS - Looking for -
Audio Codec - is - DCA

3.Surround sound Films (DD & DTS) - Looking for -
Audio Codec - is - DCA
Audio Channels - is - Greater than - 3
One or more of the rules

4. Stereo only Films - Looking for -
Audio Channels - is not - 6
Audio Channels - is not - 5
All of the rules

(I know this one looks odd, why didn't I just go for 'less than', well I did and it didn't work, it returned films with higher numbers!_

References:
Thanks to CapnBry and this post for Forum Post this was where I found they were called Infolabels.
Also thanks to XBMCG33K for this post Forum Post for info on what the channel number relate to (6=5.1 etc)

Here is the infolabels reference in the wiki Infolabels in the Wiki

I hope this helps someone, it took me a while (maybe I wasn't looking in the right places), also the two posts I reference are from 2009, so be aware these might be dated.

Running Win7 64bit, Eden Beta3, MQ3.

Steve

Edit:

Just discovered why my Smart Playlists weren't working of they referenced another Smart Playlist, the extension the xbmc adds makes them not work. See this thread Forum Post
So for for Smart Playlist 3 I could have just referenced the first two playlists, instead of the way I did it.
How were you able to make 'stereo', 'dts', etc. selectable icons?
Its been a while since I did all that, I don't use XBMC anymore, I found myself spend more time customising it than watching anything!!!!! Plex & Chromecast is my way forward.

But to answer your question I used Aeon Nox as a skin, then created playlists for the different surround sound types (5.1, DTS etc etc) then added these playlists to the home screen.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlists & Audio Flags0