Best option to standalone HTPC
Hi, I am researching best solution for htpc.
My objective is have standalone (not need pc to work) htpc running XBMC.
It have to be able play 1080p video and output 5.1 & 7.1 audio using hdmi cable, I also will use 2 tb hard drive to store my 1080p and 720p Mkv movies.
What is best solution for out of box HTPC that can work with Xbmc ?? Price isnt problem, I am researching best media center possible.

Thanks for all
Welcome....

You know technically so far everything XBMC installs on is a pc, wether it be an apple or other manufactures.

Out of the Box so you can install XBMC straight onto I would suggest take a look at the many manufactures like Apple, Alienware Dell, Gateway, HP and others and look for the graphics workstations as they tend to have better video card options. You will want to research a lil and then just buy your pc and when you get it install XBMC and let everyone know how much you like it.

I understand from your question that you may not possess the skills to assemble your own, however if you decide to there are many threads that speak of different motherboard and cpu options for htpc setups.

GoodLuck and look forward to hearing what you decided.
Thanks for your reply, to be honest, I am researching easy and practical solution for media center, I don't want to deal with windows interface, I want only power on media center and it will open xbmc interface in little seconds, included remote control to control xbmc like boxee or apple tv solutions, but I want HTPC because apple tv (with xbmc installed) have only 720p output (I know that can decode 1080p, but only output 720p).

My goal is have branded media center that can run xbmc without need deal anytime with windows interface, have remote control and hard drive (can be external). It have to work easily like media center

I have know how to build complex media center, but I want practical solution to use everyday, have my parents too that not know work with complex interfaces or power on pc, open xbmc software, solve problem with windows (windows always crash), if deal only with xbmc interface using remote control they want have problems and will be more practical for
Me. Understood what I would like to have ? Exist some out of box HTPC without windows with xbmc out of box ? Thanks for all
XBMC_FREAK Wrote:Welcome....

You know technically so far everything XBMC installs on is a pc, wether it be an apple or other manufactures.

Out of the Box so you can install XBMC straight onto I would suggest take a look at the many manufactures like Apple, Alienware Dell, Gateway, HP and others and look for the graphics workstations as they tend to have better video card options. You will want to research a lil and then just buy your pc and when you get it install XBMC and let everyone know how much you like it.

I understand from your question that you may not possess the skills to assemble your own, however if you decide to there are many threads that speak of different motherboard and cpu options for htpc setups.

GoodLuck and look forward to hearing what you decided.
There is no off the shelf HTPC with XBMC....Yet That I know of

you could just buy a PC and use XBMC live

Read:
http://mymediaexperience.com/

And use:
http://mymediaexperience.com/htpc/
Jetster Wrote:There is no off the shelf HTPC with XBMC....Yet That I know of

There is Wink
Pulse-Eight HTPC
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe