AC3 problems & Channels inverted if disabled
Hi there,

I've been using XBMC over linux for a couple of years now, and so far always managed to solved my problems only by reading this forum...but this time it seems like I'me stuck. Here is my problem :

I'm using Eden beta 2 on the latest Ubuntu, on an Asrock machine (ION).
So far, it was connected to a denon receiver 1611 via hdmi, and everything was perfect. For some reasons, it is now connected to a denon 1312 receiver, still with hdmi, everything else is the same. Receiver is itself connected to a samsung tv, via hdmi. Both receivers are dts and dolby digital compatible.

- First, with AC3 and DTS enabled in xbmc configuration : mp3 sound is ok, but dts and ac3 play white noise. Each time I play a file, I need to cycle manually in the receiver decoder menu for it to work properly. I have no idea why this is happening, as it never happened with the previous denon receiver.
Example : I watch a tv-show in ac3, with the decoder set to "Auto" on the receiver : White noise. I cycle through the modes with the receiver (just pause/play on the file afterwards), try to force it to dts, pcm, and go back to auto, and it now works perfectly, the receiver indicates "dolby digital" on its display. At the end of the episode, xbmc tries to play the next one, and everything happens again : white noise, cycle through modes, works ok.... a real pain in the ***...
I assumed it might be a receiver problem, so I tried switching AC3 and DTS to disabled in XBMC.

- With these set to disabled, sound is now working, multi channel with the same files... but channels are inverted (center is now rear-left, etc.). I found this old issue http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35452&page=101 which kind of looks alike, but no chance with it.

Would you have any idea what could be done here ? the best would be to work with real ac3 and dts decoding from the receiver, but anything at all would be great... a great thanks in advance !
Concerning the inverted channels, what I did to solve this is remapping 7.1 surround sound by having my .asoundrc look like this.

Also I changed the audio output to custom and "hdmiremap" for both regular and passthrough mode.

Maybe that helps Smile

Code:
pcm.both {
        type route
        slave {
                pcm multi
                channels 6
        }
        ttable.0.0 1.0
        ttable.1.1 1.0
        ttable.0.2 1.0
        ttable.1.3 1.0