getting the "right" tv show information
when XBMC has decided to download the incorrect tv show information for an tv episode, how do I reset it so that I can get it to download the right show? E.g. it finds the episode of some show from 25 years ago with the same name and uses that as the details of a show.

Is there a setting that I can set somewhere that says "when there is two shows of the same name, get the one with the newest air date" since that's most likely what it is going to be.

Is there a way to delete the tv show info for all the episodes that it has already badly and wrongly and dumbly downloaded?
frumbert Wrote:Is there a way to delete the tv show info for all the episodes that it has already badly and wrongly and dumbly downloaded?

From memory, highlight the show and press i and the Info dialog has various options for refreshing the details.

JR
frumbert Wrote:when XBMC has decided to download the incorrect tv show information for an tv episode, how do I reset it so that I can get it to download the right show? E.g. it finds the episode of some show from 25 years ago with the same name and uses that as the details of a show.

Is there a setting that I can set somewhere that says "when there is two shows of the same name, get the one with the newest air date" since that's most likely what it is going to be.

Is there a way to delete the tv show info for all the episodes that it has already badly and wrongly and dumbly downloaded?
You could also try naming the show correctly and not 'badly and wrongly and dumbly' named and you won't get the issue - simples Nod - check the naming of the show in the tvdb or whatever scraper you use - newer versions of shows with the same names usually, but not always have the year of release in them to differentiate them from the originals.
jhsrennie Wrote:From memory, highlight the show and press i and the Info dialog has various options for refreshing the details.
JR

Yes, but not one to remove the information that is incorrect. You can refresh, but that only pulls the same information again. If I want to trash it because it's completely wrong (and no alternate / new information is found) then I'm stuck with the wrong and bad information.

steelman1991 Wrote:You could also try naming the show correctly and not 'badly and wrongly and dumbly' named and you won't get the issue - simples Nod - check the naming of the show in the tvdb or whatever scraper you use - newer versions of shows with the same names usually, but not always have the year of release in them to differentiate them from the originals.

i didn't know there were other scrapers. I use tvdb. It's all just automatic, and I've tried renaming shows in the past to no effect. Where specifically on the tvdb site do I look to find out the exact naming pattern of a show? I look on the web site and it tells me the episodes and such but I don't see how it matches these details to the files on the hard disk - e.g. what specific small detail I probably have to add to make things show up properly.
Wrong. A manual refresh won't pull the same information by default.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
sometimes i find wrong .nfo file.
Check the tv show folder if one is there open with notepad or similar program.
Or del it and going to item in xmbc libary >option >tv show info > refreash and just yes to what asks you. Usually pulls up what it can find from your naming.
frumbert Wrote:Yes, but not one to remove the information that is incorrect. You can refresh, but that only pulls the same information again. If I want to trash it because it's completely wrong (and no alternate / new information is found) then I'm stuck with the wrong and bad information.

i didn't know there were other scrapers. I use tvdb. It's all just automatic, and I've tried renaming shows in the past to no effect. Where specifically on the tvdb site do I look to find out the exact naming pattern of a show? I look on the web site and it tells me the episodes and such but I don't see how it matches these details to the files on the hard disk - e.g. what specific small detail I probably have to add to make things show up properly.

1. if the info is wrong, just remove the show from your library, update the name and then re add the show. Or Edit the title and then refresh the info.

2. when a show has multiple years i.e. V name it as the tvdb does. For the newer version of V this would look something like V (2009)/Season 1/V (2009) - S01E01 - Pilot.mkv (thats how mine looks and it works for me anyway, i'm unsure if you actually need the brackets, but hey it works).

Hope that helps.
frumbert Wrote:i didn't know there were other scrapers. I use tvdb. It's all just automatic, and I've tried renaming shows in the past to no effect. Where specifically on the tvdb site do I look to find out the exact naming pattern of a show? I look on the web site and it tells me the episodes and such but I don't see how it matches these details to the files on the hard disk - e.g. what specific small detail I probably have to add to make things show up properly.
Name it correctly - do I really need to spell it out. Huh Oh for goodness sake - if it says Castle (2009) name as such and not CSI - get the drift Rolleyes
frumbert Wrote:Is there a setting that I can set somewhere that says "when there is two shows of the same name, get the one with the newest air date" since that's most likely what it is going to be.

Name your shows correctly to how they appear in thetvdb.com and you won't have an issue, as steelman1991 has advised.

Example, the show Archer. The original show is called Archer. The newer show of the same name is called Archer (2009).

see what I mean? http://thetvdb.com/?string=archer&search...ion=Search

another example: http://thetvdb.com/?string=battlestar+ga...ion=Search
gabbott Wrote:Name your shows correctly to how they appear in thetvdb.com and you won't have an issue, as steelman1991 has advised.

Example, the show Archer. The original show is called Archer. The newer show of the same name is called Archer (2009).

see what I mean? http://thetvdb.com/?string=archer&search...ion=Search

another example: http://thetvdb.com/?string=battlestar+ga...ion=Search

Ok so the answer is "NO" then. You have to do this step manually where there is multiple options and an automation could be in place. Thanks for the actual answer!
You can always place an tvshow.nfo file containing the url to the tvdb page for the show in the folder. That will overrule the folder name look-up.
I read somewhere in the wiki that if you were to name the directory "Archer 2009", it would automatically match, and it was designed with that intention in mind. I think that's why all the new Doctor Who eps all come out as "Doctor Who 2005", to differentiate it from the 1963 original series.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
getting the "right" tv show information0