Problems with banners and posters
I swithc from Night to Aeon Nox (Eden Beta 2) a few weeks ago. Love the look of the skin and all of the options that are available.

I ahve noticed a problem though when switching between views that use banners and posters.

My default view for TV Shows is BannerPlex. When you goto the show information page (where you can refresh the show info or download additional fan art. The area on the left of the screen for the show graphic must be expecting a poster as the banner is stretched to fill the entire area.

WHen playing around with the Aeon Nox settings, it seems that switching between views with banners and views with poster, that problems appear. FOr instance, in views where posters are supposed to be used, the stretched banner appears.
Not sure if this is a limitation or a bug; or if it is a skin or XBMC issue but wanted to make you aware.

Take Care
if you enable use poster.jpg in viewtype settings and have a poster.jpg in the root of your show, the problem should be fixed.
Thanks That seems to have improved things.

There still seems to be an issue. If you go to a TV show where there are multiple seasons, All Seasons displays a stretched banner instead of a poster. I can go in an specify a season thumb and select poster.jpg then it displays correctly. The individual seasons seem to correctly display a poster.

Another small point (not sure if it is a skin issue). When in season view (probably others) if you try and browse for a new poster, it would be nice to start in the show's folder and not all of the way at the top fo the tree.
I have narrowed down the problem. With TV shows, if you use the List view. and select all seasons, the poster is actually a stretcehd banner. If you bring up the info page. YOu have the poster on the left and rather than having a small size poster on the right, the banner is displayed. This only happens wihen you select the All Seasons. If you select individual seasons, the poster is correctly displayed.

Take Care
Just figured I would point out that this seems to be a problem with banners being shown in spots destined for poster-style images, and the option for "Rounded covers" is enabled in the "Viewtype settings" for that particular view. When "Rounded covers" is disabled, the banners are then shown correctly. This is also fixed by highlighting the "* All Seasons" entry, pressing "C" on the keyboard to bring up the context menu, and then choosing "Set season thumb" and manually changing the banner to a more appropriate poster.jpg for that particular TV show.

It appears that Aeon Nox is expecting a poster-style image to be placed in this slot but for some reason, my particular setup downloads banner-style images for that slot. I also have the appropriate settings enabled to differentiate between banner.jpg and poster.jpg. No one persons setup is the same when it comes to post-processing of media files and the downloading/renaming of the accompanying media files.

Just my 2 cents, thats all. Hope this helps to shed some light on the issue in the future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with banners and posters0