HDMI Audio Issues with GT240 Card
Hi all . . . I was running XBMC with my audio going through a sound card and optical cable, but then my sound card crapped out. So, I'm now trying to run the audio through the HDMI of my GeForce GT240 card.

It works on some things, but on a lot of video files I get no sound at all. Settings in XBMC are as they should be, according to other posts I've read here, and this is what my sound properties looks like (it shows up as my receiver, which is what the computer's hooked to, but does show nvidia audio).

When I click Properties then Supported Formats, it shows this. I guess that's the problem . . . only video files that have these types of audio play properly. Is there a way I can make the nvidia audio driver support more formats?

Thanks!
Oh, and I forgot to mention that audio plays fine in other programs like VLC media player and WMP. It just doesn't work in XBMC.
Oof! Sorry for three messages. I actually figured it out. . . I needed to set number of speakers to 2.0 in XBMC audio settings. It all works now and DOES send 5.1 digital audio formats.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI Audio Issues with GT240 Card0