What remote?
Right now I have XBMC running pretty good and I used a Logitech diNovo keyboard with a touch wheel for mouse pointer. What type of remote should I get ? I saw Windows Media remotes in Amazon but I assume they only work with MS Medica Center? Is there a way to program my Harmony One remote to conrol XBMC?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
patseguin Wrote:Right now I have XBMC running pretty good and I used a Logitech diNovo keyboard with a touch wheel for mouse pointer. What type of remote should I get ? I saw Windows Media remotes in Amazon but I assume they only work with MS Medica Center? Is there a way to program my Harmony One remote to conrol XBMC?

If you're on Win 7 or Vista any of the MCE remotes work. The important part is the receiver since the operating system needs to load the drivers. The PC and the receiver have no idea what actual remote control you're using and many universal type remotes can be used. In your case just select Windows Media Center as the device and most of the keys will work. You may need to manually program some specialty keys by learning them or using the Harmony software keyboard functions. I ditched my Harmony for a basic Philips universal but still use the Vista MCE receiver. I think the remote I got originally was the Anyware IR02BK or something like that..about $20. If you're still on XP the newer Vista remotes don't work so you would need to find one of the old HP XP Media Center receivers on Ebay. XBMC has a remote control section in the WIKI for more info if you need it.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Yeah I use my Harmony One for everything for my Media Center it simply puts the right input on the receiver and the TV. It's won't even control volume. I'll check out the remote WIW.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What remote?0