My Newest HTPC Build Concept (comments and suggestions welcome)
i havent had any luck finding a decent M-ITX case that will mount and has an expansion port for a video card so i might just get the one in my post and try it without the video card.
i have had a lot of issues using radeon cards and hdmi with audio in the past so hopefully the intergrated radeon wont give me problems.
I use the M350 w/ this:
[CPU] Intel Celeron E3400 Dual-Core 2.6GHz LGA-775 65W ($43 + $0) eBay
[MOBO+iGPU] ZOTAC GF9300-K-E LGA-775 WiFi Mini-ITX ($105 + $0) Amazon
[USB] CORSAIR CMFVY3S-8GB R 8GB USB Flash ($17 + $0) Newegg

I don't install the wireless and run XBMC-Live.
gabbott Wrote:There is so much more that unraid is capable of than just basic file serving Wink

You make it sound like unraid and add-ons are hard to use.

They are quite simple to install but a pain when they don't work. It's not like getting a problem with OSX or Windows that can be easily and quickly fixed.
If a problem crops up with the server and no one responds on the unRAID forum I can end up with a lot of data that I can't access.

I love my unRAID servers but I tend not to touch them if I don't have too.
I turned my movie server off for a week while I was away and when I started it up I got numbers and letters jumping around the monitor (good job I had the monitor attached). I just took a gamble and turned it off and started it again (twice) and luckily it started working.

I could have caused damage turning it off, I could have posted on the forum, waited 18 something hours for the majority of the forum users to wake up and spend the next day or two fixing a problem if it can be fixed. Not what I want. If it's working I only touch it to add drives.
T800 Wrote:They are quite simple to install but a pain when they don't work. It's not like getting a problem with OSX or Windows that can be easily and quickly fixed.
If a problem crops up with the server and no one responds on the unRAID forum I can end up with a lot of data that I can't access.

Shrug, I've used unraid for a couple years now, have about 10 TBs of data. Not suggesting anything that could be detrimental to one's data. There are a lot of addons that extend the functionality of it and they are used by a good majority of the veteran unraid users without issue. But to each their own if one isn't comfortable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Newest HTPC Build Concept (comments and suggestions welcome)0