Problems with the MovieDB scrapper
I have an ATV 2 and have an SMB share setup (movies are located on my desktop) - I use the MovieDB to scrape and I don't seem to have any problems with it.

A mate of mine who has exactly the same setup as me, downloads the movies I have on my desktop, from an FTP Server I have setup, He then stores the movies on his desktop.

For some reason, everytime he updates his library, he always gets the error message of:-

Could not download information. Unable to connect to remote server. Would you like to continue scanning? Yes or No

Any ideasHuh

(His setup ATV 2 IOS 5 - Jailbroken with Seas0npass - XBMC: Eden Beta 1)
Install YouTube add-on and better go to beta2
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:Install YouTube add-on and better go to beta2

What does YouTube has to do with scraping movie information?

Experiencing the same problems but not always, 3 out of 10.
schumi2004 Wrote:What does YouTube has to do with scraping movie information?

Experiencing the same problems but not always, 3 out of 10.

It uses the youtube addon for scraping trailers. This has been mentioned many many many times before in the last two months.
This has been fixed for beta3 (maybe already beta2, can't remember)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
B2.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Weird but it worked

Thanks so much
Ok, strange thing.
I'm already on latest version and still having this error, not often but still.
Going try a reinstall
I've tested beta1, beta2, and now I've been testing the nightlies. Each time I've been using a completely fresh install of Windows so I know there are no residual information left in, and then imported a library of movies using TheMovieDB scrapper from my NAS. Also, to be clear, the YouTube plugin was added/enabled each time.

What I've found is that Beta1 picked up all the details of each movie, including finding a trailer, during the initial adding to the library. However, using Beta2 and the nightlies, there were no trailers found during the initial adding to the library. Doing a manual 'Refresh' on each movie did end up adding a trailer though.
Any idea on how to reinstall the TMDB script?

I'm using beta2 on ubuntu (from xbmc ppa) and the TMDB script is marked as broken, so I can't hit info for existing movies, or scrape new ones.

I have the youtube plugin installed, I tried rolling back to 3.0.3 and it just doesn't work.
Shadow_Mx Wrote:Any idea on how to reinstall the TMDB script?

I'm using beta2 on ubuntu (from xbmc ppa) and the TMDB script is marked as broken, so I can't hit info for existing movies, or scrape new ones.

I have the youtube plugin installed, I tried rolling back to 3.0.3 and it just doesn't work.

I have the exact same problem. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with the MovieDB scrapper0