Order of items in album
Hi!

I have an album that is correctly tagged with "part of set". 1/2 respectively 2/2. But the order in the listing is

1-01
2-01
1-02
2-02
and so on

I would like the discs to be ordered separately. How do I go about this? Why is it not the default behavior?

BR
CoreSw
I fiddled a little bit more with it. I guess my issue was the sorting, in files mode, when the sorting is "Name".

So I would like the "Name" sorting to include "Disc" when creating the "Name".

When I choose "File", then the sorting is correct, since the files names are correctly named (i.e. 1-02 etc.).

It would be fine for me to have 1-02 in "Name" view only or in both/all.

Any suggestions?
Do you have tag reading enabled? If so, I seem to recall that it sorts correctly by default.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Do you have tag reading enabled? If so, I seem to recall that it sorts correctly by default.

I have correct tags, but the issue seems to be how the "Name" column is generated in files mode. In library mode, things are different. So I think changing the way the Name column is generated solves it.
And the tags are displayed during files mode?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:And the tags are displayed during files mode?

I believe so, or it intentionally transforms the filename, which I find unlikely.
Ok, you need only change the format of the track naming in that case - see Settings->Music->File Lists. It's currently [%N. ]%A - %T. Change it to [%S-][%N. ]%A - %T or similar.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Order of items in album0