Is there a How-To on using Eden & Aeon?
I'm using a Gen1 AppleTV which was freshly redone about 2 weeks ago. I used a patchstick to rebuild, and the ATV is servicing my large screen via HDMI which is feeding into my Yamaha AVR. The ATV is linked via shielded ethernet cable to my Airport Express, and my Media Drive is a USB Fantom which is cabled into my iMac. If more specific information is needed, just ask and I'll post it.

I'm using the latest launcher AFAIK, and I downloaded Eden. Thanks to some help from Ned I was able to figure out why I couldn't see my remote media drive which is fine now. But I'm using a very unattractive and uninformative interface which is basically just a simple file listing on the left with a small still video clip (not a movie poster) on the right. This is not the screen exactly as its showing music, but that's about what I see when I use XBMC:

What I'd like to do is find out how to incorporate and use the Eden/Aeon interface so my movie selection screen looks like this;

I'm assuming that there are ways to select specific movies from my media drive from a selection screen like this:

I also obviously need to learn how all these relevant posters and movie facts are downloaded and integrated with my movies. So if there is a HOW-TO on integration of all this or a specific FAQ, please point me at it and I'll try to follow the guidelines. Thanks from a relative noobie to XBMC!

Doc
When your in the ist view, use the "left" directional until the menu appears. The "menu" style is the first item on top, you can then select the different views.

The information for the movies comes from one of the many "scrapers" that XBMC has access to.

The default ones are:
tmdb for movies
tvdb for tv
allmusic for music

If you go to "settings" then to "addons" you can grab some additional scapers.

I like to add imdb for movies and lastfm for music. TVDB is pretty solid for TV so i dont normally add another scraper for that section.

If you want some more control of your information you can use a third party scraper like Ember Media Manager, there are some other ones but i dont recall there names since i dont use those myself.

Hope his helps out a bit.....
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

BigO Wrote:When your in the ist view, use the "left" directional until the menu appears. The "menu" style is the first item on top, you can then select the different views.

OK, I got the menu to pop out after I calibrated the screen correctly. Then I proceeded to screw something up when I selected "Posters". Whenever I clicked on my Media drive, I no longer see a listing of Movie name and file size with a small screenshot. All I saw were a series of screen shots, the first one in a "normal" plane and about ten more diagonally taper off to the right. No information on the movie at all, no file size, no name of movie... nothing. I reverted to "Infowall" and now at least I can see the file size and name of the movie... but absolutely no information on the movie itself LOL!

Quote:The information for the movies comes from one of the many "scrapers" that XBMC has access to.

The default ones are:
tmdb for movies
tvdb for tv
allmusic for music

When you say Settings, under what heading are you talking about? Under "System" and then "Video Settings"?

Quote:I like to add imdb for movies and lastfm for music. TVDB is pretty solid for TV so i dont normally add another scraper for that section.

If you want some more control of your information you can use a third party scraper like Ember Media Manager, there are some other ones but i dont recall there names since i dont use those myself.

Definitely got me going in the right direction. Still would like to know how to get that split screen poster look below or the list with real posters below that.

And/or...

Doc
Thanks BigO! I had to adjust my screen size to see all the text on the slide out menu but I found it! But I still have some questions. I can switch to different screens, but none of them give me the screen selection like the ones down below. What I see are Thumbnails with an empty space to the right with the name of the movie and the file size, but no information on the movie itself. How do I actually add the information as I haven't yet found any menu option that says "Select Scraper" or "Select Movie Information" or something like that?

BigO Wrote:When your in the ist view, use the "left" directional until the menu appears. The "menu" style is the first item on top, you can then select the different views.

The information for the movies comes from one of the many "scrapers" that XBMC has access to.

The default ones are:
tmdb for movies
tvdb for tv
allmusic for music

I like to add imdb for movies and lastfm for music. TVDB is pretty solid for TV so i dont normally add another scraper for that section.

Will using a scraper allow me to select a specific screen view like one of these two?

Doc
DrGrafix Wrote:Thanks BigO! I had to adjust my screen size to see all the text on the slide out menu but I found it! But I still have some questions. I can switch to different screens, but none of them give me the screen selection like the ones down below. What I see are Thumbnails with an empty space to the right with the name of the movie and the file size, but no information on the movie itself. How do I actually add the information as I haven't yet found any menu option that says "Select Scraper" or "Select Movie Information" or something like that?

Will using a scraper allow me to select a specific screen view like one of these two?

Doc

You should start with this wiki page.
You can set a video categorie (and choose the correponding scraper) in Video>Files>context menu on your folder. And then scan it.
Afterwhat you have access to your infos via Movies / Tv Shows etc.
Press I (for info) or the corresponding key on your remote to see the info screen while browsing your movies (=> your first screenshot is the info view)
hope it helps.
It's also highly recommended while learning the system and setting things up the first time that you use the default Confluence skin. All wikis and help are going to be based on it. Once you have your library setup and scanned in, jump back to Aeon and enjoy the views! Smile
-stoli-
You have to keep messing with it, i just started using Aeon Nox myself and a few days of clicking around i have it pretty much the way i want it.

One thing that i have to say is that Aeon is a pretty advanced skin, i started with the default skin then i moved into transparency and now im on NOX. Using the default skin allowed me learn how the base system works. Then when you move onto more advanced skins, you kind of already know where to click around.

The first picture you have listed i belive is an info window and not a specific view but i could be mistaken. The second picture is just the standard list view, if your not seeing movie details or posters, then i feel like your media hasn't been scraped yet.

You need to go to the sources under files and hit the menu button and set the content to allow the system to scan and scrape up the data.

Hopefully this helps if not, just chime in again, this is a great community and someone will chime in.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

Elviguiero Wrote:You should start with this wiki page.
You can set a video categorie (and choose the correponding scraper) in Video>Files>context menu on your folder. And then scan it.
Afterwhat you have access to your infos via Movies / Tv Shows etc.
Press I (for info) or the corresponding key on your remote to see the info screen while browsing your movies (=> your first screenshot is the info view)
hope it helps.

Thanks for that link. Its helpful, but not as intuitive as I'd like. I can get to Video>Files but can't find a "context menu". If that's the "menu" that slides in from the right then mine is completely blank with nothing to select. Throw me a few more crumbs LOL!

stoli Wrote:It's also highly recommended while learning the system and setting things up the first time that you use the default Confluence skin. All wikis and help are going to be based on it. Once you have your library setup and scanned in, jump back to Aeon and enjoy the views! Smile

Took your advice and went back to the Confluence Skin.

BigO Wrote:You have to keep messing with it, i just started using Aeon Nox myself and a few days of clicking around i have it pretty much the way i want it.

One thing that i have to say is that Aeon is a pretty advanced skin, i started with the default skin then i moved into transparency and now im on NOX. Using the default skin allowed me learn how the base system works. Then when you move onto more advanced skins, you kind of already know where to click around.

The first picture you have listed i belive is an info window and not a specific view but i could be mistaken. The second picture is just the standard list view, if your not seeing movie details or posters, then i feel like your media hasn't been scraped yet.

You need to go to the sources under files and hit the menu button and set the content to allow the system to scan and scrape up the data.

Hopefully this helps if not, just chime in again, this is a great community and someone will chime in.

I guess I need a hand figuring just how to engage the scraping as I see my Media-1 drive and clicking on that simply opens the List page with no fanart or posters or information about a movie.
I need some help on getting to the menu where you can specify the scraper. As noted above I'm showing blank screens right now.
DrGrafix Wrote:I need some help on getting to the menu where you can specify the scraper. As noted above I'm showing blank screens right now.

As mentioned by BigO, go to your Media-1 drive, but instead of clicking on it (which as you say opens up the list), highlight it and then press Menu (on a remote) or C (on a keyboard) to bring up the Context Menu. From here choose "Set Content" and it should bring up the scraper settings again.

Bear in mind for the future that you can either do this for your entire media drive (which is what I described above), or if you want to do it for just a single TV series or movie, highlight just the specific file or folder you want and hit menu/C.
DrGrafix Wrote:Will using a scraper allow me to select a specific screen view like one of these two?

Doc

In order to find the first screen, you have to press "I" while you're highligthing a movie. This is the deffault view where you can find all the information related to this movie (once is scrapped) and/or select/modify its relative poster and/or fanart

Regarding the second screen is called "List", but in order to see so nice, all movies must be scrapped first

Have fun! Nod
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a How-To on using Eden & Aeon?0