Multichannel Flac
I have some albuns multichannel Flac 4.1. The problem is my receiver only play it as STEREO. It is connected via HDMI, in movies it auto detect DTS, DD, etc.

XBMC support it?
ok we soon need a FAQ for this on Wiki... Maybe you can create one once you understand how it works ?

It's good that you're using HDMI audio, this is the first requirement since it's not possible to transport more than 48kHz Stereo PCM over spdif.

The second requirement is that your hardware and Operating system is setup to handle Multi-PCM, this can be a rather tricky operation, but as you hear, this happens outside XBMC.

The third thing you need to do is to DISABLE AC3+DTS Capable receiver in our audio settings. This basically tells xbmc to try and send everything more than stereo as Multi-PCM.

Now before you go and do all this, please know that Eden WILL ship with a PAP problem (PAP is our music player) which causes the channel mapping to be incorrect. This issue will be fixed in the next release we make. A very "crude" work-around is to use the context menu and do 'Play Using... DVDPlayer' on each eg track. It doesn't take for the whole playlist so you need to do it for each track you want to listen to :/

Hope this answers most of your questions ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok, thank you for the answer and thanks for the great work on xbmc Big Grin
jmpa Wrote:Ok, thank you for the answer and thanks for the great work on xbmc Big Grin

Can you share your experience on how this went?
I just tried this on OS X 10.7.3 with Eden and some 5.1 flac files. On my system, it requires the HDMI to be set permanently to multichannel and then it works! Smile

I did not switch off the DTS or AC3 setting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multichannel Flac0