XBMC Library / Thumbnail question
I've been using Ember to organize and download fan-art for my movies. But XBMC seems to download it's own anyway when I add the movie to the library.

Ember puts some files in an "extrathumbs" folder inside the movie folder as well as in the movie folder with the movie. XBMC stores its fan-art in its own separate folder altogether.

I was wondering if someone could explain the relationship between all these files to XBMC. Does XBMC use any of the art downloaded by Ember?

Thanks,

David
This one of the skin dependant circumstances in which XBMC does take advantage of these files if enabled at the skin level in certain views.

.e.g extrafanart in some skins, allows for a background slideshow of the images while looking at the information. extrathumbs puts up a small multi-collage over top the revolving background art. Some of this extrafanart is also used in the slideshow screen blankers.
XBMC will use artwork if it's named appropriately. It supports a single fanart image (fanart.jpg for those with movies in separate folders) and a single poster image (folder.jpg for the same).

If you don't have movies in separate folders, then obviously this won't work - in this case XBMC supports <moviefilename>-fanart.jpg and <moviefilename>.tbn

As PatK points out, some skins do utilise additional artwork by making some (normally pretty reasonable) assumptions about your file layout. This is not supported by XBMC per-se, so you're on your "own" (i.e. with the thousands that use that skin) in that regard.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

** please disregard... I just created a new thread concerning this and a few other issues, my apologies for the hijack **

After XBMC scrapes the artwork from a shared folder does it cache it on the local drive and solely access it from there? (banner.jpg, clearart.png, fanart.jpg, folder.jpg, landscape.jpg, logo.png, poster.jpg). If so, is ALL of the aforementioned artwork cached?
Star 
knewknow Wrote:After XBMC scrapes the artwork from a shared folder does it cache it on the local drive and solely access it from there? (banner.jpg, clearart.png, fanart.jpg, folder.jpg, landscape.jpg, logo.png, poster.jpg). If so, is ALL of the aforementioned artwork cached?
I believe so... might explain why my thumbnail directory is 5gigs Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Library / Thumbnail question0