So is the old logo being dumped now?
recently in cvs the old splash screen logo has been replaced by the pm3 xbmc logo. this logo is also featured now in the main screen of the default skin and in one of the screensavers as well.

pm3 being the default skin has caused the pm3 xbmc logo to become the defacto xbmc logo.
i am bothered by the irony of xbmc's *default* skin not following the xbmc official logo guidelines.
i think this raises some questions.

- has the original logo become obsolete and the above document out of date?
- should third party skin authors be expected to use the original logo, the pm3 logo, or are they free to make their own?

i was a big fan of the original purpose of the logo giving xbmc an identity and a brand but pm3 puts both of those into question.
i'm not saying i dislike pm3 as i am a fan of the skin but i think the logo question should be addressed and the above document made obsolete or modified as needed.

-ast
they're both in cvs.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
hmm - well first of all - pm3 is the new default skin for only one reason - due to my new jobs i only have (limited) time to work on one skin - for me its makes more sense to work on the default skin, than letting someone else come up up with a new one..

afaik zero skins were/are using the logo like its described in the logo guidelines - at least i havent seen any

edit - just found bobrooneys visor skin so theres one skin that used it okok. - btw what are you saying? you want another default skin or the old splash screen back? or what do you want?
/edit

read more about it here

many people were bugging me to put a matching logo in cvs by default - but you are the first one to ask to bring it back...

of course its kinda awkward to have a different logo in a skin - but also not every winamp skin has the winamp logo - some even have pepsi logos or whatever...

i know its awkward in a default skin - but since a matching skin for the logo was planned but never made - we go with what most people are asking for atm...

hope you get my point...

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

well i like that new splashscreen good work choke :thumbsup:
im not necessarily asking to bring it back. i dont have a problem with how pm3 looks. im just saying how the original purpose of having a logo, ie brand identification, is not being followed at all now by even the default skin and am wondering if we should abandon the principle of having a uniform logo or adopt the pm3 logo as the new one or whatnot.

afaik none of the other skins really had a prominent logo for xbmc that did not follow the guidelines. that the default skin uses something different i feel raises important questions that should be addressed.
well theres merchandise stuff with the old logo.. not sure if we can/want to just change it..

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

the only thing i don't like is that i always think my tv lost its color for that split second.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So is the old logo being dumped now?0