Mouse humming/cracking noise
Hi,

I'm an XBMC noob. Just installed it and seems like the perfect media center solution.

But i have an problem.

This is not entirely related to XBMC since it starts when windows is launched.

But since all here are well known to issues related to sounds i have an hope for abit of help Smile

What i have discovered and connections:
HTPC -> HDMI out -> HDMI in -> Pioneer VSX-2016 -> HDMI out -> HDMI in -> Samsung UE46D8005.
Same setup with PS3.
So my Receiver (Pioneer VSX-2016) is the only HDMI to my Samsung TV.
When windows starts there is no sound. After initializing (windows logo) the humming starts. It's low and increases as i move the mouse around. Playing sound makes it louder (solution is to turn up the volume Big Grin)
What i noticed is that when i plug out the subwoofer the humming sound disappear. When connected again it comes back.

I have muted all mic's and stuff that is not in use. I updated all drivers.
No go. I even installed AC3filter and FFDSHOW but still no go.
I also tried to power my sub from an different power source. No go Sad
Any suggestions ?
Is the gain set way to high on the sub? Alternately check for bad cabling from receiver to sub.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
my brother had the same issue once - I think in his case it was a bad motherboard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mouse humming/cracking noise0