[Apple TV] Recommended settings for CrystalHD & BCM70015
Having already installed CrystalHD from HERE I have now just installed a BCM70015 into my Apple TV.

Can some kind soul give me the recommended settings for this to work at it's optimum.

Thanks in advance.

TD
As is. XBMC will detect the card and use it for video decoding. Nothing else to set.
So no need to change the render, or sync settings? Just turn everything off and hope for the best!?
It seems my ATV is only outputting 1080p@60hz.

That doesn't seem right as my movies are mostly 23.976 fps.
decode != display. learn it, write it on the wall.
davilla Wrote:decode != display. learn it, write it on the wall.

What does that even mean? Blush
I have another XBMC machine running Openelec.

When I play movies through that my TV tells me it is receiving 1080p @ 24hz.

With the ATV it only ever shows 1080p @ 60hz. Am I missing something here?
Your TV's refresh rate is no less than 60Hz. It could be a multiplier of 60Hz (120Hz, 240Hz). but for this let's just assume it to be 60Hz. Basically the Apple TV outputs 60Hz because that is the standard (every TV on the market will accept it). TV rips are generally 60Hz (fps), and movies are generally 24Hz (fps). What happens to convert it to 60Hz is called a 3:2 pulldown. Meaning if the source is encoded at 24Hz it will convert it to 60 Hz by taking the first frame and displaying it 3 times, second frame 2 times...etc. So wether it's your TV doing this (as it would on a 24Hz source) or the apple TV doing this doesn't really matter.
Not sure if you are running OSX or Linux
OSX only works at 50 or 60 Hz depending on the OSX resolution is set
With linux you can choose to adapt refresh rate to the file so it will go 24/50/60 depending on the encoded file.
interceptor121 Wrote:Not sure if you are running OSX or Linux
OSX only works at 50 or 60 Hz depending on the OSX resolution is set
With linux you can choose to adapt refresh rate to the file so it will go 24/50/60 depending on the encoded file.

false, adjust refresh rate has added into eden for osx.
davilla Wrote:false, adjust refresh rate has added into eden for osx.

didn't we have to restrict it for atv1?? Guess this is an atv1 thread here Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:didn't we have to restrict it for atv1?? Guess this is an atv1 thread here Wink

ph yea, my bad.
....well it seems to work just fine with ATV1 running Leopard. It just takes ages to auto adjust the refresh rate because of the slow disk and low memory.
I am not working off Eden yet

Davilla: did you also overcome the 720p limitation or still not implemented?
interceptor121 Wrote:I am not working off Eden yet

Davilla: did you also overcome the 720p limitation or still not implemented?

not under atv1's native osx, if you want to output 1080p, move to a linux based distro.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] Recommended settings for CrystalHD & BCM700150