Freezing when accessing the internet (Eden1)
Hi all,

Recently got my Revo R3700 (4GB) and have put 64bit windows 7 on it.

I have installed Eden beta 1 running MQ3 skin and all works flawlessly... apart form plugins on the internet.

For example, I can have some music playing and then click my shortcut to access youtube, youtube will load fine and I will press search, type a search in and results will come back fine.
Music is still playing, I click on a stream to playback... The music is still playing in the background but the XBMC GUI has frozen (pc not frozen but the spinning CD/timer has frozen in the corner), I cannot move or click anything and there is no 'buffering' icon on screen. Then about 15-20 seconds later, it will come up with the 'buffering' icon and then start playing.
After this inital freeze it is fine in the youtube app and will just play any stream fine.

It does this on any internet based plugin including the album scraper.
I can click on an album and press get thumb, scroll through the list of thumbnails, pick one and as I press enter to select it the menu will freeze halfway between the 'info' and 'thumbnail choose' menu for 15-20 seconds.
In this time the PC is still working (can alt+tab) but I cannot do anything in XBMC.
Again, once I have done this once all future album thumbnail searches seems fine until I restart XBMC again.

I've had a few ideas about maybe being a DNS resoloution issue but haven't tried it yet. My pc will connnect to the internet fine with no issues in Windows.

Has anyone had this issue and know of any fixes?

Thanks

Darren

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Freezing when accessing the internet (Eden1)0