• 7(current)
Raspbmc - XBMC Linux distribution for Raspberry Pi
either get a remote app for iphone/android/wp7(?) or you need an infrared remote/sensor. Or you get the remote from pulse eight. If you have the budget for it, that's what I'd recommend.
(2012-07-20, 13:48)dapex Wrote: my raspberry pi has arrived today.. I only plan on using this for XBMC.. whats the easiest way to control XBMC on the raspberry PI?

Not sure if Raspbmc supports it yet, or if your TV will but the RPi supports HDMI-CEC, i.e. use your TV's remote control over HDMI to control the RPi.

If Raspbmc doesn't support it natively then someone has done a binary for OpenElec and says it works with Raspbmc.

https://github.com/olajep/rpi-cecd

I've got a 2 year old Samsung TV and HDMI-CEC is branded as Anynet+ on it.
Raspbmc rc4 supports HDMI-CEC.
Raspbmc rc3 supports HDMI-CEC
Sort of off topic... Just installed raspbmc on a class 4, 4gb Sandisk SDHC card. Runs great! Connected to my NAS and streams full HD perfectly. Problem is, when it scrapes, it stops at 300 movies. I have tried rebooting, manually telling it to update, but it doesn't want to list anything over the 300 movies, including my television programs. Any idea what is causing this? I can't find anything on the topic... Thanks in advance
(2012-09-05, 02:05)JuanTwo Wrote: Sort of off topic... Just installed raspbmc on a class 4, 4gb Sandisk SDHC card. Runs great! Connected to my NAS and streams full HD perfectly. Problem is, when it scrapes, it stops at 300 movies. I have tried rebooting, manually telling it to update, but it doesn't want to list anything over the 300 movies, including my television programs. Any idea what is causing this? I can't find anything on the topic... Thanks in advance
Are you out of space? 4GB isn't very big and once the library scrapes all the images and caches them I wouldn't doubt your encroaching on space issues possibly?

Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
I didnt think that would be an issue considering the appletv2's only have 8gbs... and this is WAAAY below half of my content... I will try it out soon though, I have a 32gb sd card on the way so we will see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for the feedback!
Question 
Has anyone tried Raspbmc with full 1080p MKV files with H.264 video? Is the video playback smooth?

My current media center struggles with those types of files and it's a Intel Core machine so I'm curious if the Pi can do better.

Thanks!
My Pi handles them ok, although biggest file I have is 10GB for movie.

DTS causes issues unless you have a DTS capable receiver.
(2012-09-07, 12:50)Danielowenuk Wrote: My Pi handles them ok, although biggest file I have is 10GB for movie.
Good to know. (10GB for a 1080p movie is pretty sizable so that's probably a good sign so it's either long or not compressed much I guess?)
(2012-09-07, 12:50)Danielowenuk Wrote: DTS causes issues unless you have a DTS capable receiver.
Of course. Luckily I do. :-)

Thanks!
(2012-09-07, 19:23)nickv2002 Wrote:
(2012-09-07, 12:50)Danielowenuk Wrote: My Pi handles them ok, although biggest file I have is 10GB for movie.
Good to know. (10GB for a 1080p movie is pretty sizable so that's probably a good sign so it's either long or not compressed much I guess?)
(2012-09-07, 12:50)Danielowenuk Wrote: DTS causes issues unless you have a DTS capable receiver.

Thanks!

About the HD playback, I have the revision B model with 256MB RAM and the latest Raspbmc build installed - and whilst 1080p mkv playback works flawlessly, when I try to pull up the xmbc controls over the movie (overlay transparency effects) the movie playing in the background stutters. If I switch to SD media, no stuttering whilst playing with the options in the foreground. Also, the playback is running over SMB from a Network Share, on a Gigabit LAN.

Can anyone else confirm this issue? Is this a performance limitation on Pi (hardware) or is there still room for Raspmbc development/fine tuning?

Thanks and great work so far!
(2012-10-18, 00:21)wickwire Wrote:
(2012-09-07, 19:23)nickv2002 Wrote:

Thanks!

About the HD playback, I have the revision B model with 256MB RAM and the latest Raspbmc build installed - and whilst 1080p mkv playback works flawlessly, when I try to pull up the xmbc controls over the movie (overlay transparency effects) the movie playing in the background stutters. If I switch to SD media, no stuttering whilst playing with the options in the foreground. Also, the playback is running over SMB from a Network Share, on a Gigabit LAN.

Can anyone else confirm this issue? Is this a performance limitation on Pi (hardware) or is there still room for Raspmbc development/fine tuning?

Thanks and great work so far!

Yes, and yes.
I just read that the R-pi has build in CEC support, excellent news.
Way to bring back a 4 year old dead thread for equally old news.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspbmc - XBMC Linux distribution for Raspberry Pi7