• 6(current)
Raspbmc - XBMC Linux distribution for Raspberry Pi
Does anyone know where I can download a copy? Their site is down.
@bluedevil229: do you have an old installer img? I don't think the installer images have changed. ofc what happens when you try and install might fail.
I don't have the img yet. That's my problem.
You'll have to wait a bit, apparently they have been DDos'd:
Sam wrote on twitter:
Quote:Right to summarise it is being DDosed to hell cannot look at it tonight important exam tomorrow. Sorry folks

I have a IMG of the the RC3, but it wont' help you installing Raspbmc at the moment.
Afaik during installation the RPi needs to connect to the RASPBMC CDN which is is directed by one of the projects sites which are down atm :-(
Sorry if this is a a bit off topic, I read the blog post with some details about the DDoS attack, and Sam mentions he knows who it is but wouldn't give any clues. I'm extremely confused why anyone would want to take down raspbmc? Is it direct competition for something? It's just a linux distro with xbmc installed, who could possibly want to DDoS that? I'm curious because I seriously considered donating hosting and hardware to the cause, but with the threat of DDoS i just can't risk it.
(2012-06-26, 22:32)touser Wrote: Sorry if this is a a bit off topic, I read the blog post with some details about the DDoS attack, and Sam mentions he knows who it is but wouldn't give any clues. I'm extremely confused why anyone would want to take down raspbmc? Is it direct competition for something? It's just a linux distro with xbmc installed, who could possibly want to DDoS that? I'm curious because I seriously considered donating hosting and hardware to the cause, but with the threat of DDoS i just can't risk it.

Some people are just dicks.
(2012-06-26, 22:32)touser Wrote: Sorry if this is a a bit off topic, I read the blog post with some details about the DDoS attack, and Sam mentions he knows who it is but wouldn't give any clues. I'm extremely confused why anyone would want to take down raspbmc? Is it direct competition for something? It's just a linux distro with xbmc installed, who could possibly want to DDoS that? I'm curious because I seriously considered donating hosting and hardware to the cause, but with the threat of DDoS i just can't risk it.

Well he wont say (wisely) but it seemed to me to sound like a personal attack. I do not think that the CDN (or whatever) servers were hit, just his. The problem was to install it had to hit his server then be directed to one of the donated servers. I think you would be as safe as you ever are online helping him in this regard.
Hi

Actually a couple of people who tried to mirror the project too were hit. It's not actually hard to guess and some people could guess outright. This isn't someone I know in person or someone with a personal vendetta against me, but instead they see the project as imposing on them. Nay bother though, great to get a DDos now and shake up the infrastructure, then when I have a lot more users and it's 6 months into release.
That makes me sad. The energy could have been better spent on productive rather destructive things.

I look forward to raspbmc.
Got mine ordered today and I'm looking forward to getting this thing running.
Hello all from germany,

since yesterday I can try my PI. 1st way was to download some distris also the actually beta from here.
The 1st view is great but the 2nd view let me assume that will be a long way to the 1st public release, is'nt it?!

So before I bleating Wink Where I can write down all the BUG's I find in this version?

Greetings
Michael

BTW: Excuse my ugly english pls...
(2012-07-04, 18:01)M*I*B Wrote: Hello all from germany,

since yesterday I can try my PI. 1st way was to download some distris also the actually beta from here.
The 1st view is great but the 2nd view let me assume that will be a long way to the 1st public release, is'nt it?!

So before I bleating Wink Where I can write down all the BUG's I find in this version?

Greetings
Michael

BTW: Excuse my ugly english pls...

Hi Michael (Und ein freundliches "Hallo" zurück :-) ),

Where did you download your Raspbmc beta from ?

And please use the Raspbmc forums ( http://forum.stmlabs.com/ ) to check if your bugs are already known. If not, please report them there with as much details as you can !

Regards

.. oink Wink Selber Hallo Wink

Ok, I have DL the BETA/Installer at http://www.raspbmc.com

Then I will look arround at the side you have proposed.

Ty al lot

DLzG
Mciha
Sam, do you mind updating network-manager to v 0.9 to match the version in xbmcbuntu (and ubuntu).
The API have changed quite a bit 0.8 - 0.9 and my nm add-on only works with 0.9.
my raspberry pi has arrived today.. I only plan on using this for XBMC.. whats the easiest way to control XBMC on the raspberry PI?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspbmc - XBMC Linux distribution for Raspberry Pi7